Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 400 rwhp realistic for this setup? Sounds kinda high to me, but I could be wrong. 347, stock AFR 185s, FTI cam, TFS Street Heat intake, 1 3/4 long tubes, 24# injectors, 70mm mass air, 75mm TB.
I know i should upgrade intake, mass air, and maybe injectors, and it will come with money by summer time, but how bout as is? Thanks-Dan

·
Registered
735 Posts
well heres what it took me to make 403 rwhp on a 332inch motor. 10.5.1 compression a vic jr intake custom 750 carb tfs stg3 cam and vic jr heads with 1 3/4 long tube headers and 3" exhaust. . i would say step the intake way up it's going to choke the hell out of your combo the 185's may or may not get you there i'm not to familar with how well they work. but the vic jrs are a 210 cc intake runner vs those 185's. also a custom cam could be the winning ticket to the hp your looking for. you'll just have to put it together and see

·
Registered
892 Posts
With the setup you have listed. You'll see about 340-350 RWHP max. As mentioned, alot of limiting factors.

·
Registered
334 Posts
There is someone on here that did 400 rwhp with lightly ported 185's N/a. You would probably want to go with a more aggressive intake. IMO if your having Ed Curtis do your cam, talk with him about it, as I'm sure he can put you in the right direction to meet your goals.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
boy thats a tuff one, dont know cam specs or compression and a few other small points but i would say it will probably make about 370 to 380rwhp.if set on kill with the rightr cam there is the possibility to make 400.

mine made 408rwhp but with a little work on the heads and a intake that was hp friendly(roush intake)since then i have changed intakes but it should still make close to what it used to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts