Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I’m no modular expert but I don’t think there’s an abundance of power making parts for any of them other than forced induction. They don’t have the aftermarket cylinder head options like the push rod 302. Since forced induction is about the only option I’d probably choose whichever had the best aftermarket in that realm. If you go 2v you’ll be starting with the lowest power rating of course, so there’s that much more ground to cover.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Abundance? No. But there are options that greatly improve the power production potential of a 2v. Unfortunately every inch you go down that road leads to a more radical package overall and the cost is pretty heart thumping for the returns you get. With the right bottom end, intake, exhaust and cam package a 5.4 4v can pretty easily put down a bit over 400rwhp NA with a torque curve that's flyover state flat. Of course you could toss a single turbo on it and roll out 800rwhp pretty easily too. Pre-coyote Ford stuff is pretty badly handicapped by todays standards until you get all the way back to pushrod motors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.