Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a bare block used. I have installed the heads, oil pump and now I have moved on to installing the timing components. I bought the Cloyes kit from RockAuto and the drivers side installed fine. The passenger side is where the issue is. I have a roll pin in the place a bolt should be. I have spent quite a few hours searching the internet and reaching out to friends who have experience with these motors and nothing. Every guide, write up, video shows a bolt should go here. I've attached a picture for reference. I try not to use forums, but I feel I've exhausted all other areas. Not sure if this is supposed to be here, any info would be appreciated.

The stamped markings on the block are:
Right Side: R
Left Side: F65E 6015 CC

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Gear Machine

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I don't understand what the issue is. Take the pin out and put the proper bolts in those two bolt holes. That top guide doesn't pivot, the lower one does.
Here's a pic of mine.

ks
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried pulling the pin out won’t budge there is a keeper washer on the pin also holding it there. Just not sure why it’s there in the first place. Hoping someone could shed light as to if they have ever seen something like this and what for and how was the timing setup if so, etc...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No it’s a roll pin. I tried to turn it and pull it. It’s smooth as butter on the outside so it’s hard to grip. Just can’t wrap my head around this I’m still looking at photos of 4.6 blocks online and not one has these pins in the block smh.

·
Registered
25,617 Posts
you have a early romeo, apparently you have to pull the pin, drill and tap

or

drill the guide to except the pin

I remember all the headaches the romeo/windsor truck and car engines, early and late years........caused back then

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought about drilling out the metal “washer” on the guide just wasn’t sure if the guide really needed to be bolted down on both sides or if it was okay to slide the one side on the pin and bolt the other end down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First off thank you all for assisting me with this. I wanted to post what I ended up finding out and what I ended doing in case someone else comes across this issue. Evidently there are different timing kits you can get for these motors. There is a kit where the guide slides over the pin but I did not have that one so I improvised. I have the plastic guide with the metal washer.
I was able to pull the pin out with these super grippy snap-on pliers I found in my tool box and removed the compression washer from the pin. I hammered the pin back in the hole. I then drilled out the metal washer that clips on the plastic guide just big enough that to slide it over the pin it took some effort basically like a friction fitting. Then took the compression washer and banged it on the pin against the metal washer. Needless to say I do not see the guide coming off between how tight the washer sits on the pin and the compression washer pressed on top off that along with the bolt on the other end. Thanks again for everyone’s help. I attached a photo hope it helps show the pin and compression washer if you zoom in.
Auto part Engine Bicycle part Gear Automotive engine part

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.