Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has prolbably been discused many of times but i figured i would try it once. i have acquired me a Lincoln Mark VIII motor to put in my fox body LX. I need to know what i am going to have to do to get it sitting in my car. I have a D&D k-member already in the car, but its for a 302-351. can i modify the engine mounts to fit. What about the brake booster?....manual brakes fix that?...exhuast - i want to put full lenghts on it....which ones should i get?.......i am going to put a cobra intake on it when i can aquire one........as far as fuel injection...what should i do?...any help would be greatly appreciated.....i am ready to be swapped from push rods to MOD MOTOR hehehehe...thanks

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Novi,

I'm working on the same project. Here's what I've gathered on the questions you've asked. You can get a K member specifically for putting a 4.6 in a Fox. Myself, I'm waiting for MM to put out their K member. I'll be using a 4.6 K member, but it will have to be modified slightly. Your standard brake booster will not work, as there isn’t room for it with the added width of the OHC heads. You’ll need to use a hydro booster that is run off of the power steering pump to accommodate the lack of room. I’ve seen a couple of these swaps done in magazines. Apparently, this seems to be the trend of swaps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts