Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my project done and tuned and i am amazed. I have a 2000 gt with pretty much all bolt on, supension, etc. I bought a sallen 5.0 forged high compression stroker kit and put it in my car. This is a combo that was put together by the mustang shop. The bottom end is now bulletproof. I have the NXexpress 2v plate system and was running a 100shot. Well i got the engine back together and took it to get it tuned. It ran very good on engine with 283rwhp and 339rwtq. I was pleased with that. I took it back the following week and had it tuned and dynoed with the 100 hit. First pull netted 429hp and 580tq. Car was peaking lean and first and then running super rich so they did some adjustments and ended up getting it dialed in at 475rwhp and 629rwtq on stock heads and cams It is hard to bellieve the numbers and the gains but they said it was all due to the high compression of 11.5to1 that i am running. All in all, i am so happy with the result and cant wait to run it at the track. I am going to have to learn how to drive this thing again with power like that. I will post the graph up later tonight.

·
Registered
11,078 Posts
I'm interested to see your graph. That's quite a pick up from the stock numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if the stock numbers were uncorrected and the nitrous numbers were corrected. Not saying that they were, but that's almost a 200hp gain and 300tq gain on a 100 pill.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am having troubles with this site and adding pictures. My pulls were a week apart and this was using a dynojet. They checked everything and called the Nx express tech line to varify everything. They said it was due to the compression which should be very close to 12:1. I will deff get the graph on but in the meantime i have them on cardomain. They are on page 4. The link is http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3817228. Again this is on stock cams and heads so i really need to get cams to take atvantage of the full power band. Also this was through the rpm window switch witch ativated at 3500 and shut off at 5600.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
has anyone else seen any numbers with high compression and how much does the high compression help nitrous. I took the car back in today for dyno day and one again i hit474rwhp and 631rwtq. Everyone thought i had the bigger jets in it, so we pulled them on the dyno. Graphs and vids are on http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3817228. I love this combo and cant wait to see track times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts