Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 05 mustang Gt and just put a turbo on it, currently i am running stock internals and will be upgrading them here soon. Does anyone know if any internals out of a 03-04 cobra 4v motor would work in the 3v or better yet does anyone have any adivce on a budget build 3v?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
je makes good pistons,eagle makes good rods, the stock block is good to over 1000hp if done correctly the 03 cobra crank will work but i believe its 8 bolt stock 05-09 is 6 bolt so you would need a new 8 bolt flywheel

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
you could get the ford racing aluminator there available in two different compression ratios my tuner said there making over800rw with them he's getting one for his twinturbo car. And if your short block is still good you can get $800-1000 easly for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you could get the ford racing aluminator there available in two different compression ratios my tuner said there making over800rw with them he's getting one for his twinturbo car. And if your short block is still good you can get $800-1000 easly for it.
Where would I find one of these... Just google it basically

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Any distributor that sells rord racing parts should be able to get it. My buddy bought a crate motor from tommie vaughn in texas had it shipped to chicago. In my area there is probably 20 or 30 diffrent ford dealerships but only 3 that sell ford racing parts, not all of them do it, if you have any ford dealerships near you that's also a saleen or roush dealers they probably sell ford racing parts too. gene evans ford,gwinett ford,jack jones ford,john bleakley ford,jon kaase racing,mustangs unlimited ,summit racing,year one,all these places are in georgia and they are ford racing parts distrbutors.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The 3v pistons are specific to the 3v heads, as the exhaust valves need notches or they hit the pistons. Pistons designed for the 4v and 2v don't have the notches for the exhaust valves- big problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.