Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've read that what I need is a 23 tooth white Saleen speedo gear. Where the heck can I get one? Looked all over the place and no luck. Anyone got one laying around or know where I can order one? I'm really racking up the miles on my car LOL

Lon

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Any speed shop in your town should have one in some other brand.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Late Model Restoration Supply has them for about $14. AFM also sells them, but those sh*theads charge you $9 bucks in freight to ship it to the next state. It isnt necessarily a "Saleen" white 23 tooth, I think the one I got from AFM was FMS. BTW, my speedo is almost dead on with it... But I have an Abbott ERA, just running the 23T temporarily.

·
Registered
662 Posts
97GTConvt said:
Hi, I've read that what I need is a 23 tooth white Saleen speedo gear. Where the heck can I get one? Looked all over the place and no luck. Anyone got one laying around or know where I can order one? I'm really racking up the miles on my car LOL

Lon
You can't correct a 96 - 98 GT for 4.10's with a speedo gear. You can correct a 96 - 98 Cobra that way thanks to a different internal drive gear. You need an electronic compensator like the SpeedCal or Abbott ERA.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
97GTCONVT- mustangs unlimited in manchester has them take a ride there to get one, but.....i have 4.10s in my 96 also, even with that gear it will still be off, and also the gear will wear out and get chewed up in a few months, you really need a speedcal to correct properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts