Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here it goes.. I know that Pioneer G will flame me but oh well!!

Ok as BAMF has stated that he has the 4.30 Gear. Great, he also stated that the 4.10 Vs. 4.30, the difference in RPM is 100-200 RPM's. Now this is for the Tremec 3650 tranny

Ok my question. I have the sh*tty 3.73 ( :rolleyes: ) I am looking into gettign a 4.10 or 4.30. But what will i be turning with my sh*tty t45 tranny.

Right now with my 3.73 at 80 i turn 2500RPM's and at 90 3000RPM's. What will it be with the 4.10 and 4.30 with those 2 speeds?

I need someone with a 96-98 GT with a 5 speed to help me out. Again i have a 3.73 with a 5 speed in my car!!! please do not tell me to go on the corral and look at the calc thingy!

and what is the gearing for the T45 and the T-3650?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Because they are mechanical gears with no slippage, you can mathematically determine the rpms for any gear you want using the data you already have. It's a simple ratio:

4.10****X
----- = -----
3.73***2500

(Ignore the *. I used them as place holders. The page won't allow repeating spaces.)

Change 4.10 to whatever gear you want, and change 2500 rpms to another known data point (i.e speed vs rpm with your existing gears). Do the math for 4.10s and you get 2748 and 3298 rpms. For 4.30s, you get 2882 and 3458 rpms. Don't worry about aerodynamic effects. They'll be negligible since you've already accounted for them in your sample data.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
97redgt97 said:
please do not tell me to go on the corral and look at the calc thingy!
Madi98GT said:
Or, use the Corral calculator http://www.corral.net/tech/ - PhatDoggy is one of those smart technical guys...
:blam:

:D
***Of course, had I been paying closer attention Saturday, you wouldn't be pulling the valve covers and front cover back off. :eek:

·
Registered
612 Posts
97redgt97 said:
please do not tell me to go on the corral and look at the calc thingy!
:idunno: My bad....
PhatDoggy said:

:D
***Of course, had I been paying closer attention Saturday, you wouldn't be pulling the valve covers and front cover back off. :eek:
Well look how well I pay attention to detail, I can't even read full sentences anymore... Maybe I should find some of that cheap labor I have been talking about, might do us both some good.:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts