Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've got the exhaust, the gears(4:10's) MAF, K&N, Chip, shocks, springs, and I want to go faster. I could probably squeeze together the money for a supercharger, but is it the best way to go. Anyone out there know of any good mods for a daily driver??

Speed is king!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
In my humble opinion it seems that the only thing left to do is to supercharge or port and polish your heads and add a bullitt intake. Or you can give the 3k to me!:joy: I really envy you for having 3,000 to spend. Have fun and good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Most Definetly Supercharger!!!

Mine is my daily driver and I love it. One word of advice though...SHOP AROUND!!!!!....i love my vortech kit but I wish now that I would have went with ATI.

Its fast as hell now. Makes ya laugh at all those Civic's and Neon's with the fuel conserving people driving it. To tell you the truth. AFter the S/C install. My gas mileage got a little better. Dont ask me how but it did. Now the gears..thats a different story. 4:10's = Gas Hog. But its all good

·
Registered
100 Posts
What about suspension upgrades? just a thought

·
Registered
271 Posts
Supercharger baby!!

Bottles are for babies, real men get blown!!

Just my .02

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I thought that should be the next mod, but always willing to listen to other ideas.

One question, I've kind of made up my mind on the Vortech, but someone else mentioned the ATI. Any ideas on which works better for a daily driver??

·
Registered
99 Posts
Any blower kit will basically have the same problems and issues, with each kit differing slightly. I have an S-trim on my '96 cobra. It isn't a true daily driver (as I have another car at my disposal for the bad weather days, etc) but I do drive it quite a bit (about 800 miles a month)

I honestly would look at all your options. The vortech kit is good, and definitely proven by all the kits that are sold, but it doesn't include an intercooler. The available aftercooler is worth a look, but it will increase the price and installation time. The vortech kit and some others make you tap your oil pan, but that isn't really that hard. Once it's on, there is little difference in maintenance (except it is harder to change your serpantine belt, and you have to do it more often). I have a friend that just got a Paxton Novi 2000 put on his '99 cobra. I am impressed with the kit, and would definitely look into that as an option if I were going to do it all again.

If you decide that a blower is in your future, I would shop around a little. Most of the kits out there are pretty safe, and with a safe dyno-tune shouldn't pose any longevity problems.

Driveability is very good with the vortech kit - the car basically drives in an almost stock manner until you really put your foot down and let it rev. At some point between 3 and 4k, just gets up and flies.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts