Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so Ive been trying to gather parts to rebuild my 302. I found a full 306 for sale local that is $800 but has 12.5:1 comp. Too much for my blower. The guy has a 393w for sale also. Its a long block but he's willing to sell the short block.

Ive been searching for hours now and while theres lots of fox info that's solid theres nothing on sn95 thats solid. So, if someone would please help me out. Just list off a few things that'll fit so I can price them and determine if the swap is worth the cost or if I should just rebuild my 302.

Engine mounts? Heard fox vert mounts? Header clearance issue?

LT headers, do FOX bbk 351w swap ones work? MAC? 302 bbk lts?

Lower intake, what will work with my RPM 2 upper?

Distributor? 94/95 f150 with 5.8l? Will it work?

Id like to use my h.o. cam, issue?

Flywheel, is it 50 or 28oz imbalance?

Fuel rails? Will my 5.0 rails work on a 5.8 lower?

I searched and feel like my head is going to explode. :( If someone would run off a budget list of parts that work Ill be happy to document and make an SN95 302--351w swap. I feel that thread would be helpful. Please help, all comments are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn 39 views and not even so much as a ''use the search button'' post.

·
Registered
485 Posts
ive got fox motor mounts in my car with no issues a stock imbalance on a 302 is 50 oz and a stock imbalance on a 351 is 28 oz your stock cam should work as long as the block with the 393 is roller compatible and i wanna say that your stock fuel rails wont work because the 351 block is wider than a 302 and so is the intake for that matter you can probably find a 351 lower from summit and if they dont sell the lower i would suggest selling the intake and buying a diffrent one and im am 100 % sure a distributer from a 95 lightning will work but if you use a roller cam make SURE THE DISTRIBUTOR GEAR IS STEEL 93-95 lightnings did not come with a roller cam incase you buy a used distributor the only issue you might have with the long tubes is the 94-95 clutch forks are in a diffrent position than the fox bodies and the collecter might hit

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What if the block isn't a ''roller''? Couldnt I line up my spyder, drill and tap the holes for it to bolt in place?

What hood are you running on your car? I read that fox vert mounts, and slotting the k-member 1'' back will make the headers rub on the k-member. True?

Thank you very much for your reply.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I wouldnt recommend drilling and tapping I dont know if anyones ever tried that but your best bet would be to get a set of tie bar lifters you can usually find them used in the classifieds here and I have a cervini 3.5 cowl hood its possible the headers rub i have shorties on my car but if they do just move the motor back up or get a tubular k member

1 - 5 of 5 Posts