Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a chance to purchase a 351 roller short block for $350, and I dont think I could pass it up. Well my question is how hard would it be to put it into my mod motored 97 gt??? I plan on having the engine bored and slowly build it up with forged parts. My friends letting me use his engine stand, but I dont wanna buy it with out first knowing what im getting myself into. Any advice would help thx.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would think going from a mod motor to a 351 W will take quite a lot (I haven't read up much on mod motors, but my assumption is virtually nothing will bolt up to the older-style block/ motor mounts). Might get tough with our new Texas emissions test if you went to an older style computer, etc...

I am looking to get a 94/95 GT soon just so I have a newer style car with the older style engine. Maybe other guys who know more about this wil chime in.

P.S. If you decide to sell that short block let me know, I am thinking hard, trying to decide between 302 (easy and cheap) and a 351w.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i contemplated this idea when i had my 97 ... i dont know what youll need exactly but these are definite:

taller hood
new k-member (maybe the 94-95 one would work)
new computer
bellhousing ???

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you do pass on the 351W, I would like to buy it, if shipping is an option.

MV

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will my T45 bolt up, or do i need a T5?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts