Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
351 high idle woes ?

It seems my post got lost or did not post, anyway here is what I need help with. I put a 351 in a 91 lx 5.0 car. The 351 has a mild perf cam, and EDLB TB and EGR plates. I am using a C&L mass with the 5.0 meter. I used the original wiring harness and sensors which were doing ok on the 5.0. The engine will not run unless you keep the rpm at about 1500. I cannot find any vacuum leaks and have set the tps, timing and fuel press. The engine is clean from 1500 up. I have an analyzer coming,but feel like it is something simple I am over looking. If you know what I need to do please advise me.
Thanks

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
517 Posts
experiment with a different meter if you have access to a friend's.
pull the idle control plug from the side of the throttle body and set the idle with the screw then reconnect the plug. i was running a miss matched meter to injectors and it would not idle below 1400 until i got the pro-m remote optimizer. triple check for vacuum leaks. could be o2's does it idle in the morning but not when its warm?
paul

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the engine sitting in the car with a c-4 bell housing to hold the starter, while I tune the engine. I have the o2 sensors plugged in. I do not have an extra mass air body. I went to the C&L shop to get the unit for 30 # inj when they sent me the one for 19# in error. I hope I have the right one, but realize some mass units do act up. I have run the engine up to temp a couple of times without improving the idle. I will try disconnecting the idle control and adj the throttle plate. If this helps, I guess I need to re set the tps ?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
need some help guys, I'm about to drill the butterfly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts