Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about the rods in a stock 89 0r 90 model 351 windsor. How much HP can these rods take when reconditioned and with ARP bolts. they are C90E truck rods and look pretty stout. I plan on building a 351 with stock crank and rods and a summit rebuild kit, roush 180's and longtubes. i want this to be a good street strip combo and I need a suggestion on a cam and carb intake. I was thinking of going with the TFS stage 2 cam but what do you guys think. Also, I was wondering if edelbrock carbs are worth buying. I have never ran one before.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get a set of twisted wedge, or edelbrock heads.

The trick flow cams are roller cams....you need a 94 to 97 351W roller block for it. Yes it would be an awesome cam! I run the stage 1 cam in a 351W....awesome for the street, mild for drag cars.

As far as the edelbrock carb.........works awesome! I have a 750 that I just pulled off my 351W to go to a custom carb. I will probably be selling it shortly with a complete strip kit (tuning kit). The carb is mint and has about 10 hours total time on it since new.:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have converted it to a roller block already

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
OK.

The stage 2 would be an excellent choice for cam.

The rods will handle all the power that your combo will throw at it, just keep revs below 6500rpm, and you won't have any trouble. The 351W doesn't need to be revved like a 289 or 302.

Are you looking for a carb, or do you already have one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts