Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a dilema. I want to build a motor to go in the '95. I had done a 351w swap into my '92 but when I sold the car it was back to stock and I still have the 351w swap stuff (Except the long block).

If I build another 351w, I just need the long block and whatever stuff I need to make it work on the '95 vs. a Fox car.

If I build a 302, it's all well and good but besides the long block I would need to pickup an intake.

Either way I need a SN95 Throttle Body and the Elbow.

I have:

TFS 351w EFI Intake
FMS 351w swap oil pan kit
Fox 351w Dist. (2x)
ARP Studs for heads / mains
Fox 351w swap PS / AC bracket
Fox Accufab 75mm Throttle Body / EGR
Fox 351w swap shortie headers / H-pipe
Fox 'Cobra R Style' pin-on hood

Given my situation, would you go for the 351w again, or sell off the stuff and go for a DSS Bullet 306/331 Long block and make life easier? Cheap is good!

Shawn

·
Registered
386 Posts
I love my 351!!! Best decision I ever made regarding my car. Just my opinion:D

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chrisa351 said:
I love my 351!!! Best decision I ever made regarding my car. Just my opinion:D
I loved my 351 too. Even the '03 Cobra doesn't have torque like that.

The problem I have is that if I sell off the 351w stuff I have, that'll cover most of a new 302 shortbock. Add another $1000 at least for just the shortblock and then I need heads and an intake to get me down the road. Doing it on the cheap (used etc) maybe another $1000 there for heads (GT40Ps?) and an intake.

2kish out of pocket for a mild but stout 302

351w, I need a shortblock again - and it's about $500 more than the 302 there. 3k for grins. Then it needs heads for another 500-1000.

4kish to do the 351 again

then for either I need the throttle body / elbow - same diff either way.

The 302 just keeps looking better and better.

Has anyone had any experience running a low compression motor N/A for a while till you can afford a power adder later on? In MM&FF this month (yeah yeah, I know..) they made 325ish HP with a Low Compression 331. I could live with that so long as I could still smog it. They pulled that number (flywheel BTW) with the stock cam, which I planned on doing.

Shawn

·
Registered
973 Posts
If I were you...Id go with the 302 and come up off those headers and one of those damn distributors you have. I need that type of stuff for my 393...mmmwwwwuuuuhhahhahahhahhaaaaaa!:evil: :eek:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lightemup306 said:
If I were you...Id go with the 302 and come up off those headers and one of those damn distributors you have. I need that type of stuff for my 393...mmmwwwwuuuuhhahhahahhahhaaaaaa!:evil: :eek:
I'm gonna have to break down what all I have and I probably will be selling it all off. I've pretty much decided to go for a DSS 331 or at least a Pro-Bullet 306. Some or the stuff will be a pain to impossible to ship (the hood, the H-pipe would suck to ship, etc) so I'd ask for a local sale. I had a friend in town who's been wanting to buy it all from me. I'll give him dibs, but if he turns it down I'll be listing some stuff on ebay! I'll append my sig with a link to the auctions if I get that far.

Shawn

·
Registered
973 Posts
As far as giving your friend first dibs, thats only fair...Ill keep an eye out...thanks.:joy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts