Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, 351 windor swap, got a sfi fluidampr, need to know which of the three crank spacers offered by summit I need, there is an a351, b351 and c351, the b is .950" and that seems too big, I have been trying to space it out wiht washers to see what thickness it need to be but it is proving difficult. thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
With my Fluidamper & 351 I had to buy the thick one and machine it down to the correct thickness. They didn't offer one that was the correct thickness, atleast for my motor. I believe it need to be the thickness of a stock lug nut! Thats what I used for a week until the spacer was machined.

4"

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok guys, I have spaced the pulley out using washers and it comes out to be 9/16" thickness, where the heck can I find a spacer for it?
4" which spacer did you buy?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok I have done some more research, seems like march makes a crank spacer for use with fluidampr, but I can't seem to find the thickness of it, It looks much thinner than the FMS one.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just buy the Motorsport spacer that is 9/16ths thick. Not sure the part number. Alot of companys sell Motorsport parts.

4"

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i got done measureing the pulley spacing i need, and 4" you are correct I need a 9/16" spacer. I ordered the march one from summit for use with fluidampr 28oz balancer. I hope it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts