Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, Ford- guys. Can you help me out on a question I have?

Eagle SIR6250BBLW and SIR6200BBLW- are the big ends Ford- width (or Chevy)?

I need a set with the Ford- width for a lower Hp "English Cousin" V6- build. If these are Chevy width, are there any other 6.2 or 6.250" rods with the Ford width?

And I came up with another question- of equal importance: What is the outer diameter og the big -ends; measured at parting line?

Reason for that question: I did a test- build using stock 351- rods, and I had to grind 1/8" off each side of the big end to get them down the hole.... (the bore is 3,7- 3,785")

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
They're both .940 wide. To my knowledge, no one make a 6.200 or 6.250 rod ate .831 wide. The offset is also .060 (Chevy)

You either have to modify something, or have a custom rod made

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Mark.
And I do recall I have may looked into this earlier. I took a second look. It seems like SCAT has a 6.125" length 0.830" width rod. However H- beam and overkill for my application. But it might be the only way if I do not want to go custom?
Need pistsns with 0.125" more compression height, fixable I think.

Thank you very much.

Tip on other ots rods longer than 5.965", 0.83" width, floating pin and preferably 2.1" rod journals (but stock goes)?

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
What you need to do is run a 1.880 journal with a rod to suit and narrow the big end, establishing the correct offset in the process.

Or you can find whatever sorta fits and pound the thing together. Either way, no one minds answering questions for you...but you'll have to do your own research.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts