Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that 351w and 302 just don't die how true is this? I know that with enough NOS anything can blow. But I have seen many 302 with over 200,000 miles and I am wondering if 351 can last just as long. I am talking stock motors with normally usage, not drag cars.

Is any one good with the Dura spark system used in the 1984 351 H.O. bronco motor. Starter won't even begin to turn but I know that the starter is good and the starter relay is good. What else could it be. The battery is also 6 months old. I replaced the battery termials and even tried to jump across the starter relay and still nothing.
HELP

thanks,
deshet

·
Registered
193 Posts
Starter won't even begin to turn but I know that the starter is good and the starter relay is good. What else could it be. The battery is also 6 months old
Ignition switch? Check the big nut that holds the starter cable with a test light. See if the power is there.
The 5.8 has a thicker deck surface and holds head gaskets better than a 5.0.

·
Registered
531 Posts
put the car in neutral, and turn it over by hand with a ratchet. if you can move the rotating assembly around, it's most likely fine. attend to the most simple solutions first, before you suggest that the motor has locked up. like GT1990EFI351 said, check the ignition switch. test everything ignition wise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.