Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I got a 351 in my car that currently has bbk swap shorty headers that dont fit worth ****. The drivers side rubs on the steering shaft. Im lookin for a better fitting set of headers. I want headers that fit, no rubbing, weather it be long tubes or shorties. Also my car current has a custom built cat back with super turbos on it, but the pipes are crush bent, i was lookin at brothers performance at thier dynomax racemagnum catback or the magnaflow catback. Do these have a good fit to it? How is the quality? Thanks
Eli

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I have a set of JBA 1 5/8 inch shorties for a 351 in a fox body. The fit and quality are incredible.

I may be willing to sell them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did a aftermarket h or xpipe from a 5.0 bolt right up?? the bbks sure didnt :\, i had to take it to a muffler shop and get a new side up to the header put in. What about long tubes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i encountered the same frikkin problem when i put my "swap shorties" in my car. i ended up grinding the steering shaft down a lil bit, then putting the header on an old head and using a sledgehammer to knock it about .5 inch inward. worked out well, didnt do any damage....that i know of :D anyhoo, i just thot i would add a little "ghetto-rigging" spice into this thread.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its already semi "ghetto-riged". I used a press, and crushed the header in about half way on #7, and part way on #8.
:mad:

http://modman.corral.net/cgi-bin/i/images/dsc00156.jpg

theres what it looks like now, and it rubsgoin down the road. Im kindof leaning toward the bbk long tubes with ceramic coating. But havent totaly made up my mind yet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts