·
Registered
17,637 Posts
chineeZe quap....

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
chineeZe quap....
I'm sure he probably knows this but you didn't answer the question. Islandracer I'm guessiing you can get the intake from the people that sell the heads or at least they should be able to tell you what intake will fit them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
CHEAP CHINESE PRO COMP HEADS ARE WORTHLESS

KATO LOL YOUR RIGHT CHINESE JUNK. BUT THERE NOT MINE THERE A FRIEND OF MINE AND HE NEED'S HELP. AND HE'S IN PRETTY DEEP WITH HIS PROJECT.2V INTAKE GASKETS DONT FIT AND THE 4V IS WAY TO BIG ALSO THE 2V INTAKE DONT FIT THE HEADS TOO. SO I GUESS HE'S SCREWED BECAUSE PRO COMP DONT LIST ANY INTAKE OR GASKETS FOR THIS HEADS .LIKE I ALWAYS SAID LOOK FOR CHEAP E-BAY KNOCKOFF'S PAY DOUBLE LATER....:rofl:

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
where is the port DIFFERENT....??????

usual intake has the 2barell iron head port...and the 4 barell carb top.

others possible too...

or are you saying that the angle where the gasket fits according to the manifold that you are test fitting it to is wrong....

·
Registered
954 Posts
4V-A3 intakes/gaskets

I might be able to help your buddy as my friends and I have the usa Avenger cnc version of these budget import heads. Any cleveland 4V-A3 port intake/gasket will work on these heads as the ports are basicly a copy of the old stuffed 4V/svo A3 b,c design, also have some ford motorsport #9424 ints when port matched would fit good. also just got a pc #3218, the ports are a bit smaller to the avg's cnc ports but also fits well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
THE INTAKE PORT IS RAISED A LITTLE SO THE GASKET DONT GO HIGH ENOUGH TO COVER THE PORT .ALL THE BOLT HOLES MATCH UP GOOD WITH THE GASKET. MY FRIEND SAID HE TRYED 2V IRON HEAD GASKETS ELDLEBROCK GASKETS NONE FIT. I WAS THINKING MAYBE CHI GASKETS???

·
Registered
954 Posts
factory 2V gasket wont work well as the heads are svo A3 b,c type raised port design. You can use the roush and 4V Port/stuffed gaskets will work too.

there are some #9424 svo intakes on ebay right now that you might also want to check it out...

Parts Accessories M9424 E 351 Roush Ported Intake SVO Yates Nhra SBF | eBay

and with some mods the SC and D3 intake should work too...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SC1-D3-FORD-PORTED-2932-ALUM-INTAKE-1-635-2-185-7-1-2-ROUSH-YATES-022716-1-/141916178229?hash=item210add0735

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
quite common to have to cut /punch out the bolt holes to raise the gasket to match up the ports...the common tool is a paper or leather hollow punch.
we usually hold the altered gasket in place with a thin coat of sillycone on the head.
then no sillycone on the manifold.
but as said, the ANGLES of two parts must be EXACT....

dont forget to add sealer to where the gasket WAS on the lower edge or else oil wil leak out of there along with the front of valley area.

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
you best find or access a PAPER CATALOG from fel pro that has the line drawings and dimensions of all the various gaskets... catalog # 902-06 is popular....

·
Registered
954 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just get a stanely knife and cut the holes so the gasket can just sit higher
on the heads without the bolts interfering. Then trim the gaskets on the inside to the suit the port nicely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I asked Jegs what would work, as they sell ProComp heads too...
Hello Dave

Thank you for giving Jegs the opportunity to assist you with your technical question.

Regarding you search for an intake to fit 746-3061. I will list a couple of intakes from Edelbrock you and look at on our website.

350-2665 $204.99 (4V Performer)

350-2760 $249.99 (4V Torker)

·
Registered
954 Posts
got a few messages now with questions about intakes so thought I would post the info/pics here as I hope it might also help others with these heads (I am not scared to help/post info). For what ever reason there seems to be some misinformation out there that only aussie Copy intakes will work (which is NOT true) causing confusion, there are lots of different american 4V intakes that will work fine with some fill.

Originally when I was looking to buy a set of SM/PC heads I learned that these raised port castings had lots of extra material/thick in the ports for custom porting but was not really interested to get into any custom hand porting with any heads. Last year I seen a few different CNC ported versions by different companies, this is what I wanted/been looking for, for me today, CNC porting is the only way to go, basically with a bit of port matching I wanted bolt on and go. I bought the 280cc CNC Avenger heads complete for just over $1900 bucks ready to go setup for a .700 lift solid roller cam by FPS and the castings are very nice...

http://www.avengercylinderheads.com/catalog/16.html

Avenger_v2

Another CNC version I was looking at also was...

http://www.directmotion.com/dmmotorsports/index.php?cPath=51</a

the Avg cnc ported sm/pc heads have enough extra meat cast into them that they can easily be port matched for 351C 4V intakes by lifting any 4V type intakes up approx .125-.150 so the inside top of the ports line up, then just stuff/fill in the bottom of the intake to match the port floor like A3 intake ports. The stock 4V intake bolt holes basically line up and will work fine with a bit of ovaling. I was going to just cut out a aluminum sheet/spacer the shape of a gasket for each side and then use gaskets on both sides of it to make up the .125-.150 thickness. Going to also look into some other super thick teflon gasket options such as what Kasse has used with his intakes.

Ok So this pic is of a weiand 4V tunnel ram base on Avg cnc heads with no gaskets...

Now with the weiand 4V tunnel ram intake sitting about .125 higher

you should be able to see just a bit of the top of the Avg/cnc heads intake port in pic below, with a bit of port matching and a bit of fill on the bottom of the 4V intake you have a A3 port.

Anyway theres no issues using stock 4V type intakes/gaskets on these raised port cnc Avg heads with a spacer/gaskets. I have other info/pics I will post later of #9424 Ford motorsport intakes fitting these heads nicely and also the trick looking hand made SM/PC tig welded #3218 sheet aluminum intake on the heads too.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
OK, so here are some pics of the #9424 type ford motorsports intakes I also got, this is a 9.5 version that can also be milled down to 9.2 depending on Windsor or Cleveland block application needed. The bolt holes line up good and again will just need some port matching. I see new and used versions of these #9424 type intakes on ebay most of the time. Its got lots of meat for port matching up to my a3 type avg heads, nice looking high rise/high port intakes that Ford/Jack Roush originally designed that the Aussie's have also COPYIED over the years...

the thick flanges on these old 9.2/9.5 svo #9424 type intakes can be milled for diffrent deck heights and the back of the intakes are also designed so they can be used for Wind OR Cleve blocks. Neat versatile intakes, that i heard sm/pc maybe casting there own 2 piece version of these old #9424 svo intakes soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
This is the sm/pc $220.00 Funnel Web COPY of old Roush/SVO 9424 Restrictor port intakes,
really wish sm/pc would of cast a bigger port runner, Big ci Boss 4V/TA port version of there budget funnel web intake.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181824189654?rmvSB=true

https://speedmaster79.com/pce1471081-ford-302-351c-cleveland-3v-4v-wtongues-parker-high-rise-intake-manifold-satin/

https://atracingworld.com/ford-302-351c-cleveland-3v-4v-w-tongues-parker-high-rise-intake-manifold-satin/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-302-351C-Cleveland-3V-4V-w-Tongues-Parker-High-Rise-Intake-Manifold-Satin/352293934977?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

this SM/PC restrictor FW intake really needs a MIN 1-5/8" Wide X 2-1/4"+ Tall TransAm 4V Boss port size so it can handle more CI

btw, intake above was one of the few discounted $175.00 unfinished/blem funnelweb intakes which sm/pc sold as "overstock"
that some 351C.unt morons were bashing whining/crying about like little girls, these blems were good for custom porting applications.

:D

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
another trick looking intake I got I bought from sm/pc is a Cleve 9.2" deck #3218 handfab intake. I will mention now these are obviously hand made so they may have to be tweaked for best fitment but I got to say I can not make a sheet aluminum intake like this for $300-400 so its a no brainer for me to just buy it and deal with what ever small unfinished issues there may or may not be with them. People buying a hand made tig welded sheet aluminum intake for $300-400 bucks should expect to mod as needed. Also the upper mount plate/gasket will work as a burst plate/back fire valve so do NOT glue it on >>>only a aussie MORON TROLL would do this and try to advertise it on ebay lol<<<, there is also lots of room on the back to install your own pop off valve if you like, all sheet alum int's should have them.

The flanges are 3/8" thick, port size at flange is 1-3/4" tall by 1-1/2" wide and can go a bit bigger. The # 2,3,6,7 tubes are 4-1/4" long and #1,4,5,8 tubes are 5" measured at the center of port floor. The intake is only about 7 pounds, 6-3/4" high, the pendulum volume is about 5 liters and the overall length of it is 14-1/4" and is 8" wide. A pc 90deg dist or small dia dist like mallory will have to be used with this intake. i understand they are made by the same company that makes the budget alum sheet intakes for Holley. The tig welding job looks good, better than what I can do and overall finish looks very nice.

man, wish they would make a big port runner/big ci boss T/A port (1-5/8" x 2-1/4") version too, an issue I found with my intake that may or may not be on others is I will need to grind off about 1/4" on intake valley plate in front of water neck for fitment of thermostat housing, will also need to tap/hammer a small divet in front of pendulum behind dist for a bit more dist clearance for small housing mallory dist, minor issues.

think by summer I am going to order a set of the 235cc cnc heads and try out a few more intakes from pc for fun, I see they got some new cnc head pics up and say they will have some new intakes coming out soon. I have gotten a bunch of stuff from them this last summer and so far so good, i love the online direct sales/mail order thing they are doing... https://speedmaster79.com/

Attachments

1 - 20 of 109 Posts