Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Been doing some trials with water/meth injection on my engine. It’s 10.9:1ish compression running pump gas with a f1r. Video is at around 10lbs peak. Was good for 127mph with 3350-3400lbs total in the car, with an absolutely terrible 60ft. Timing is very conservative, and it’s being sprayed with a 1000ml nozzle at 100% duty cycle after about 7lbs. Engine specs are listed in my signature. Controlled with a ms3x (pimpxs)

Hopefully I’ll have a dyno video in the coming week or so. Going to pulley it down to bring boost up to around 14lbs at around 7000rpm. It’s probably the only procharger in the area running a cog for 10lbs of boost lol.

· Registered
394 Posts
Motor sounds great, if you up the boost, you may want to think about higher gearing, sounds short now, which will get worse with more HP.

· Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much wot timing are you running? Is this intercooled with meth?
It’s only 21.5* at 10lbs. Yeah it’s intercooled with meth. I wanted the octane rating of the w/m.
what size cogs are on it top and bottom ??
73/52. Got a 50mm head unit going on today.
Motor sounds great, if you up the boost, you may want to think about higher gearing, sounds short now, which will get worse with more HP.
It’s got 4.10s with a 28in tire. They’re staying in there, since there’s only 1/8 mile stuff around here.

Reactions: Foot Hill

· Registered
394 Posts
It’s got 4.10s with a 28in tire. They’re staying in there, since there’s only 1/8 mile stuff around here.
I see, makes sense then.

· Registered
5,161 Posts
It’s only 21.5* at 10lbs. Yeah it’s intercooled with meth. I wanted the octane rating of the w/m.
Sounds good! So basically; you're seeing more octane than just pump gas provides?
That's a good amount of timing on pump gas and 10.9:1cr. Do superchargers in general allow more cr and timing than a turbo setup?

Reactions: Midas

· Registered
8,631 Posts
What's the exhaust setup on that?

· Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sheesh. Wicked to say the least! (y)
Thanks man.
Sounds good! So basically; you're seeing more octane than just pump gas provides?
That's a good amount of timing on pump gas and 10.9:1cr. Do superchargers in general allow more cr and timing than a turbo setup?
The meth and water mix increases the detonation resistance. Blowers don’t really allow for more timing, but the boost does come on slower so maybe that helps.
What's the exhaust setup on that?
They’re mac 1 3/4 primaries with 3in collectors. It has a pro chamber with dynomax ultra flos. Dumped before the rear axle. It’s really pretty quiet when cruising. I always loved the sound of it.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Bumper Automotive tire Missile

· Registered
5,161 Posts
That sounds mean as hell...one thing I hate about going the turbo route is the sound cant compare in my opinion.
Mine actually sounds angry at full song. It's quieter at cruise for sure.
Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle

White Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Pipeline transport

Hood Light Pipeline transport Automotive exhaust Automotive tire

· Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That sounds mean as hell...one thing I hate about going the turbo route is the sound cant compare in my opinion.
Thanks! I actually was going to go the turbo route, but the blower is just easier with a manual trans imo. I really didn’t want to cut a hole in my fender for the exhaust, but I was willing to do it lol. Glad it didn’t come to that.

The pro chamber and the ultra flo mufflers have one of my favorite sounds.

· Registered
581 Posts
Thanks man.

The meth and water mix increases the detonation resistance. Blowers don’t really allow for more timing, but the boost does come on slower so maybe that helps.

They’re mac 1 3/4 primaries with 3in collectors. It has a pro chamber with dynomax ultra flos. Dumped before the rear axle. It’s really pretty quiet when cruising. I always loved the sound of it.

View attachment 1089263
View attachment 1089264
nice exhaust system!

· Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow hi compression ratio. Why so hi?. What type of heads gasket are u running? F1r nice blower heard pretty much bullet proof. Goid luck with it.
The engine was originally built by woody to be a n/a pump engine that runs on 93 octane, so that’s the deal with the higher cr. It’s got felpro mls; 1133 to be exact. The w/m really helps to keep the engine happy though so I’m very glad I did it.

The f series really are well built. Really the only complaint is it’ll seep a very small amount of oil, but it’s pretty much immeasurable. Got a 50 tooth head unit pulley I’ll try out next week if weather permits.

I appreciate it! I’ll post up a video when I make a pull with the smaller pulley.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts