Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
347 Motor finally coming around (Video inside)

Videos

.VS 355 Camaro with a 150 shot (at least)

run vs 306 vortech 14lbs boost

I am car #4931.

Had a very good night at Atco yesterday. Ran some of my local buddies.

Looking for big gains end of summer with 4.56 gear swap, tubular suspension, and 28x11.5 ET drags.

Weather got nice and cool last night, and the ET's came around. I gotta get this A/F ratio to 13to1. Currently at 12 to 1. Man, am I lazy.

Both runs made granny shifting again!!!!!:mad:

What the hell is my problem!!!!!!

Will post the Mpegs of both runz today

·
Registered
332 Posts
It's gettin there Mike, I still say 11.2's with those gears and stock suspension...It's come along way since that first motor!! Just keep your foot in it when shifting and I bet there is 2 tenths, and another mph.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Not bad mike....keep tuning on that thing....i think there is a definate 3-4 tenths and 2-4 mph to be found on the track with the hp your making.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have spring isolators in the rear to keep the 28 inch street tires from rubbing the outer lip (weld 15x8 4.5 bs). That stiffened the rear a little, and if you look hard at the video, my cars has this up and down up down thing right at launch. I am doing the best I can with stock suspension. Needs some real peices now.

Track was hooking, my suspension is another story.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Throw some 28s on her and watch your 60ft drop. I'd be surprised if you didn't hit 11.20s with just the tires.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,393 Posts
Qtrhrse23 said:
Throw some 28s on her and watch your 60ft drop. I'd be surprised if you didn't hit 11.20s with just the tires.
Would you suggest a 28x10.5 or a 28x9 for less rolling resistance?

When I launched on the 26x10's, it spun for about 8 ft. and it still did a 1.47 60'. I was advised to go with a 26x9.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts