Ford Mustang Forums banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I always thought it was funny when someone says, "my MOTOR is being build by [insert random name]!" as if that builder is so famous everyone should know who they are. Maybe I'm not up on my engine builders but I think maybe only 5-10 people in the country qualify to be randomly name dropped, and add to that maybe like 3-4 forum/platform specific builders everyone here would recognize. I could be dead wrong here but I am not sure John Bouchard "who builds engines for SEMA" is one of them.
The real question is....have we heard of you?

·
Old timer
6,597 Posts

Selfie time...

• Haha
Reactions: tmoss

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
My 331 is finished and it made 498 @6400 and 443 Tq. That’s with an out of the box Air Gap intake, AED 750 carburetor and mechanical water pump. Exactly how it will go in the car. Only thing I added was a super sucker 1 inch spacer. Which will be on the engine in the car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My 331 is finished and it made 498 @6400 and 443 Tq. That’s with an out of the box Air Gap intake, AED 750 carburetor and mechanical water pump. Exactly how it will go in the car. Only thing I added was a super sucker 1 inch spacer. Which will be on the engine in the car.
super impresive,now put it in the car and get us some timeslips or It never happened.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
946 Posts
I always thought it was funny when someone says, "my MOTOR is being build by [insert random name]!" as if that builder is so famous everyone should know who they are. Maybe I'm not up on my engine builders but I think maybe only 5-10 people in the country qualify to be randomly name dropped, and add to that maybe like 3-4 forum/platform specific builders everyone here would recognize. I could be dead wrong here but I am not sure John Bouchard "who builds engines for SEMA" is one of them.

fulton, reher morrison, musi, butler...... otherwise they may as well be skip white....

i'm a big butler, and reher morrison fan. also honorable mention for morgan and son, kuntz, and i'm sure i'm forgetting a ton

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
That's a great result, I didn't think the RPM Air Gap could do that well. Congrats.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
The 332 is an FE engine! : )
A 3.25" V8 crank with a 4.030" bore is a 332, fact. Everyone has forever called the 351 Windsor a 351, but it never has been. That's a 352 also, people get hung up on naming things, so you name other things badly, because they sound good etc. I don't like the name 331, but make it a .60" over engine, and 337 sounds good right? Or is that bad too, because a .030" over 332 FE engine existed 60 years ago?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
A 3.25" V8 crank with a 4.030" bore is a 332, fact. Everyone has forever called the 351 Windsor a 351, but it never has been. That's a 352 also, people get hung up on naming things, so you name other things badly, because they sound good etc. I don't like the name 331, but make it a .60" over engine, and 337 sounds good right? Or is that bad too, because a .030" over 332 FE engine existed 60 years ago?
Yeah and the 5.0 302 is a 4.9. We need 4.9 badges..

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
fulton, reher morrison, musi, butler...... otherwise they may as well be skip white....

i'm a big butler, and reher morrison fan. also honorable mention for morgan and son, kuntz, and i'm sure i'm forgetting a ton
Well, Kuntz is dead...so his skills have deteriorated.

Few here can afford a conversation with Gene....never mind a motor.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Mark O’Neal is fairly popular it seems. Just not “ours.” :rolleyes: mark oneal - Google Search
Why would I be on Google? I don't take credit for everything my staff does, nor have I have ever put my name on the door.

Nor do I mention what I do, I act like everyone because I'm no different from every one.......except I'm not a soy-boy.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
That's because Google is a data gathering entity, an evil one. They should be censored(destroyed), not us.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well, Kuntz is dead...so his skills have deteriorated.

Few here can afford a conversation with Gene....never mind a motor.
dang... well dead he's still a better builder than i am.. haha... when i worked at a machine shop my boss constantly called me an assembler not a builder.. partly because i really loved the cookie cutter motors and not the one off custom stuff..

81 - 100 of 105 Posts