Ford Mustang Forums banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I dont think you realize how long Corral.net has been online with many of its knowledgeable members. For 20+ years of seeing hundreds if not thousands of 347 build threads, a lot of us know what parts it takes to make 550hp 347's. You said that 347 even had a milder cam than yours correct?? The 11r heads, Victor jr and 750dp will support a 550hp 347 but NOT with a MILD hydraulic roller cam.
Got it. Let’s forget about the 347. I just wanted to talk about the parts for my 331 and hopefully they can help someone who is trying to put a parts list together. Also give some horsepower guesses before it hits the dyno.

·
Registered
1986 Mustang 5.0 5 speed coupe
1,200 Posts
Got it. Let’s forget about the 347. I just wanted to talk about the parts for my 331 and hopefully they can help someone who is trying to put a parts list together. Also give some horsepower guesses before it hits the dyno.
Will it be on a engine dyno or rear wheel dynojet??

·
Banned
4,426 Posts
So, you’re saying John Bouchard, who builds engines for SEMA cars. Who was a host on Horsepower TV. Who builds engines for featured LS Fest cars and many other events didn’t build a 551 hp 347 with an E303 plus cam and 11R 190 heads running on pump gas? I’m gonna see if he has the dyno sheet available and I’ll post a picture of it if he does.
I've been building motors for over 30 years, We've built thousands of 302 strokers.

That is exactly what I am saying. Also, I can make a dyno say pretty much anything I want. That is why no one races dynos.

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
681 Posts
Baloney Mark! People have been racing dynos on the corral for years now. Some say it may have even started here. LOL.

Anyone remember early AFR ads advertising that 450 fwhp at 6,100 rpm 306 done at Westech? Later West Tech stated they had an issue and had to recalibrate their dyno to save face.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I've been building motors for over 30 years, We've built thousands of 302 strokers.

That is exactly what I am saying. Also, I can make a dyno say pretty much anything I want. That is why no one races dynos.
This is the very reason why I left Facebook. You lost me when you called a combustion engine a “motor “

·
Banned
4,426 Posts
This is the very reason why I left Facebook. You lost me when you called a combustion engine a “motor “
Why don't you take a moment and look at the definition of "motor" in the dictionary.....I'll even make it easy for you....

"
motor

mō′tər
noun
  1. Something, such as a machine or an engine, that produces or imparts motion.
  2. A device that converts any form of energy into mechanical energy, especially an internal-combustion engine or an arrangement of coils and magnets that converts electric current into mechanical power.
  3. A motor vehicle, especially an automobile.
"

Now, go look up "idiot" and you'll likely find a picture of you.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts