Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Mustang 5.0 5 speed coupe
1,225 Posts
So, you’re saying John Bouchard, who builds engines for SEMA cars. Who was a host on Horsepower TV. Who builds engines for featured LS Fest cars and many other events didn’t build a 551 hp 347 with an E303 plus cam and 11R 190 heads running on pump gas? I’m gonna see if he has the dyno sheet available and I’ll post a picture of it if he does.
Not saying he did or didn't but I know for a fact dyno's can be MADE to put up a number YOU want.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Ya, I don’t know how this thread turned into the “no way a 347 made 551hp” thread. I was just using that as an example of what my 331 may be comparable to since we used a few of the same parts. I will be extremely happy with 450 crank hp when it’s all said and done.
I dont think you realize how long Corral.net has been online with many of its knowledgeable members. For 20+ years of seeing hundreds if not thousands of 347 build threads, a lot of us know what parts it takes to make 550hp 347's. You said that 347 even had a milder cam than yours correct?? The 11r heads, Victor jr and 750dp will support a 550hp 347 but NOT with a MILD hydraulic roller cam.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Got it. Let’s forget about the 347. I just wanted to talk about the parts for my 331 and hopefully they can help someone who is trying to put a parts list together. Also give some horsepower guesses before it hits the dyno.
Will it be on a engine dyno or rear wheel dynojet??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts