Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after swapping out the 42 lbh injectors and putting the stock injectors back in to break in , i have drove several hundred miles like a grandma to break this thing in . Now i try to rev it out a little and realize this thing will not spin the tires in first gear (slow ,so slow it was ridiculous.) It also likes to pop through the exhaust between shifts and decelerating! The engine was built with low compression pistons from J/E! I went low compression as this will be a supercharged combo. I called the dyno / tuner (laroccas performance) and asked what compression they would recommend ,they respond 8:1-8.5:1. So i order a kit from scat with 8:1 compression pistons. I am bypassing the supercharger at the present due to the 42 lbh injectors will not cooperate with the eec until the chip is burned.So I am thinking this thing should run at least decent and rev all the way out right?!!!I mean i know it is low compression and stock injectors but damn!! Is there an easy way to check my cam/crank timing? thanx :joy:

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's probaly running really lean with the stock injectors. Do you have a regulator and if so, did you turn up the fuel pressure?

I have 42 pounders in my car. My motor is 8:1 also, but I ran out of money and I have not got a blower yet. So my car runs really rich, but it is driveable. When it gets running again I will be getting a tweecer and getting it dyno tuned so that I can get the air/fuel ratio closer. The point to this, I don't see why you would have a problem running the 42's with your blower. The computer might not like it much, but it would be safer than running lean like what it sounds that you are.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the car should pull hard still with out the supercharger right. ?!thanx

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
popping usually means it is lean, raise your fuel pressure...that should stop the popping.....

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is the final update , friend came over with his twEECker and set me up . Car has many horsepowers!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts