Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... Look in my profile and tell me what you think. It will be street driven but not that much... The heads flow really well... So i'm not sure what to get... I was told to keep the lift down (around where it is now) and keep the duriation and ramp speed up... Does that make sence?? I NEED an out of the box cam... There was a problem with the cam I have now... It loves chewing up dist. gears.... The gear on the cam was moved .020 forward, so its going back under warrenty... But it will take weeks, and I dont have weeks. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Specs on that cam look fine to me. CompCam XE282HR is pretty similar except its on a 112LC. Could call Comp and have them cut you one custom on a 110LC. 1-800-compcam

Or go custom w/Ed Curtis, Buddy Rawls, etc.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I NEED AN OFF THE SHELF CAM!!! Sorry guys... I went custom this time... and the dist. gear was placed .020 of an inch too far forward resulting in my distributor gear getting chewed to death, thowing metal all thought my engine... Now it needs all new bearings and gaskets... NOT FUN. I need this thing out of the shop in a week. What cam should I order?

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats basically what I had before... Do you think that is the best one for it? Don't you think something with more duration would work better?

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
solid roller is not out of the question. what cam would you suggest? what set of lifters?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
tfs #3 is somewhat similar, cheap, and readily available....would be an good choice to see the difference between it and your current piece. Are you running the stock efi setup without a chip or other tuning device?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The comp cam I had ruined my motor... The cam gear was screwd up, ate my distributor gear and is currently under review from comp for warranty and paying for all repairs to my engine it caused.... I never ran the car with the cam I had.... 2 hours running time it stripped the distributor gear on the distributor so bad the distributor stopped spinning... you can image all the metal in the motor!

Any ideas about the BEST off the shelf cam??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts