Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just did the same exact setup. I went with a torsen t2, Ford 373's, and summit racing 31 spline axles (sn95 length).

Everything fit like a glove. I don't do any hard launching since I'm more of corner carver so I can't comment on how the axles hold up on launch. The axles are made from the same material as all of the top tier stuff.

·
Registered
322 Posts
In my 800 RWHP 95 Cobra I ran Strange 31 Spline C-Clip Axles, FMS Posi and FMS 3.73 For 10 Years. Only complaint was the gears, they were much quieter than others but broke a lot of teeth. I would not use them with slicks.
Tire Automotive tire Tread Rim Auto part
Composite material Rim Automotive tire Auto part Tire

·
Registered
856 Posts
About 20 years ago, I could not find parts for the factory rear in my 77 boat hauler, so I had Dutchman build me a 9"... I was never a ford person, so I was really surprised of the difference in size from the 28 spline to the 31 spline axles in these rears... One of the better things I did to that truck........
Just sayin........
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Im running torsen T2R with 3.15 gears and moser 31 spline axles. I really like the Torsen. I have yet to run into a situation where I get 1 wheel peel. I personally would look at a taller gear. With a blower first gear is going to be useless and probably second too with those gears on the street.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts