Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on this. I have come upon a good deal on an eagle forged 355 set-up. I haven't seen a 355 set-up before. Is there any advantage/disadvantage compared to the 347 other than the obvious 8 cubes? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
One comment. Someone will surely whine about the rod ratio. But, let me say this. A guy at my track w/a 355 running 9s was not crying at all.

Carb w/Paxton.

Paul

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
WHat stroke is that? Big bores in blocks such as the R-302 can bring the cubes up there with a 3.4 stroke 347 crank.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
The 3.55 stroker can be done with 5.5" rods, or 5.4" rods, and 3.48" stroke or 3.4" stroke if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
666 Posts
355 Stroker

I had a Probe Industries 355 kit that used a 5.4 rod and a 3.480 stroke. I'm not sure if Probe still offers such a kit. I know this particular kit wasn't very street friendly because it consumed oil. It was also the early piston design where the pin & the oil ring intersected. I'm sure there is a better alternative now.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
pin in oil ringland is really no big deal, most of the kits be it 331, 347 or otherwise use this setup. If assembled right there won't be any problems.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hmm 3.48" stroke sounds familar, where have I heard that before.

It would be funny to run that crank with standard bore pistons, then you have a Chevy 350 :) I would have a blast if I did that, then put Chevy 350 fender badges in place of my 5.0 ones. :evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts