Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im exploring this possibility... I know theres alot of bad rep going around about a 347, but I have a couple friends who have the setup with no problem. My question is: If I go with the 347, what comp. pistons should I go with if I plan on supercharging in the future? A setup im thinking about would include: TFS Twisted Wedge heads, TFS Street heat intake, long tubes... Whats the biggest cam I could go with running 1.6 or 1.7 rockers? Also, Ill run a 75mm TB, 80MM mass air, 30lb injectors, 255 lph fuel pump. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brad said:
just build a nitrous motor 347.. that way u can sniff it out of the tailpipes. :lol:
Thats why everyone that reposted to your clubhouse rant at me said they could smell it? Go play with some explosives.

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
lol sorry to give ya such a hard time. but nobody will ever smell nitrous being sprayed. they MIGHT smell a rich condition or fuel addititves that are common on nitroused cars.. but NO ONE has ever smelled nitrous or will ever smell nitrous! urban legand at it's best.

oh on your subject line.... 347's are more reliable than ever.. it's all determined by machine work.. dont skimp out on quality there!

i'ld shoot for 8.7-9.2 compression... possibably try out the big 70cc blower heads on the market wiht normal 347 srp pistons. that should be close to 9.0 to one.

i'd also use 1.6 roller rockers and a nice custom grind hyd roller.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So If I buy a brand new 302 block, and brand new 347 kit, what machine work will need to be done? I appreciate it.

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
no.. not to the exact standards a good machinest would create.. anyway u dont want a new block.. it hasnt been seasoned.

if you can find a late 60's 302 that'll take a 30 over you'll be set...
but really any stock block will work.. just take it to get machined..

be sure they torque plate hone it!!!!!! align hone the mains too!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The block im getting has main caps, finished bores, and finished line honed... what else should be done?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts