Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my 408 and im going to build a 302 to run until I build my new motor. Ive built several 302s with several combinations......here's my questions. Motor is 10.0 compression, AFR 165 heads, rpm air gap intake, summit max efi system, other than going custom grind, from yalls experience, what cam???? I ran a XE274 before and it ran good but im hoping someone has a little better cam for this combo. I want to run 11s with a 306. Car has plenty rear suspension, 5 speed, and 3.73s. Thinking of going to 4.10s to help me get there

· Registered
394 Posts
YSi

· Registered
394 Posts
Wanna go 11s on motor. I don't care if it's 11.99
What does the rest of the engine look like?
stock block, crank, rods and pistons or ?
If so, how many miles on it?
I assume hyd roller, what are the springs rated for

Car
what is weight with driver?
what do you have or are planning for tires?

· Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What does the rest of the engine look like?
stock block, crank, rods and pistons or ?
If so, how many miles on it?
I assume hyd roller, what are the springs rated for

Car
what is weight with driver?
what do you have or are planning for tires?
I know all of that applies. I'm trying to do fresh rebuild with stock block, crank, rods, speed pro pistons, 10.0 compression, AFR 165 heads, edelbrock rpm air gap intake, summit max efi, long tubes 2.5" exhaust, 4.10 gears, T5, full weight 90GT with a/c

· Premium Member
331 Posts
I sold my 408 and im going to build a 302 to run until I build my new motor. Ive built several 302s with several combinations......here's my questions. Motor is 10.0 compression, AFR 165 heads, rpm air gap intake, summit max efi system, other than going custom grind, from yalls experience, what cam???? I ran a XE274 before and it ran good but im hoping someone has a little better cam for this combo. I want to run 11s with a 306. Car has plenty rear suspension, 5 speed, and 3.73s. Thinking of going to 4.10s to help me get there
You can hit 11s very easy without a crazy parts selection. Many simple easy combos that's 100% streetable.

Reactions: Quik5oh

· Premium Member
331 Posts
Exactly what I'm looking for
You have good heads in the AFR 165s, work the manifold, run 9.5 or higher Compression ratio, 3.73s or 4.10s, 3150lbs or less race weight, enough traction to hit 1.50s 60 foot, good tune with total timing coming in early, retard the cam 2-4 degrees, good flowing headers and exhaust system and high to mid 11s should be easy. We have plenty that's done it with less and with efi with no power ladders and good drivers.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts