Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one used an 03' Focus fuel pump for a newer 99+GT?? I herd it was rated at 300lph, I did the swap {bought it at a Ford dealer} it pluged right in, just like I herd but who knows if it is really pumping out 300Lph?? Its kind of important just installed 11 lb blower. Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
I believe they are larger than the stock pump, but not by much. There were recalls on the early one's, but the later pumps are ok. There is a ton of info on modularfords.com in the terminator forum. You may want to read up.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Kenne Bell tested the focus pump. It flows 185 liters/hours at 60psi. The stock GT pump flows 115 liters/hours at 60psi. Both pumps will flow quite a bit more at lower pressures. Here is their test results:

·
Registered
931 Posts
i have the part # if you want it. i have had it on my cobra for about a year now and have had no Feul Pressure issues or A/F issues and that was with N20. Are we sure we are all on the same page? Not the SVT focus pump but the 300 LPH pump that came in some turbo focus from overseas?just askin.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm very intersted as well. I spoke with svt kid about this for uite some time last night, and am going to go this route for my 98, as I cannot find **** for my 98 cobra.

Please, anyone with information, KEEP IT COMING!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I didn't buy the {SVT} focus pump. I bought the pump from Ford And it is for a regular Focus 03'. earlier than 03 is different. This one plugged right in to the 99 GT's wiring. I herd it was 300LPH?? that is why I did it. It is not an SVT Focus though

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I would use Steeda Dual Pumps or 03 Cobra Dual Pumps and then add a Kenne Bell if you need extra flow...

KBTECH has a thread on the BAP...it is a good read...look it up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts