Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to go with a 300 shot NOSzle system and I'd like to know what other parts I'll need. The info I have only goes up to 38# injectors. Without the nawws (NA) I will have just over 300 RWHP, so lets assume that I should have ~600 RWHP with the 300 shot.

In particular, I'd like to know what size injectors I'll need. From that, I can work the rest out.

Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don't know much about NOS other than it can be dangerous if your not real sure about what you are doing. It sounds to me that a 300 shot would explode one of these Mustang engines unless it was forged throughout built for it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Atomic Ed said:
I don't know much about NOS other than it can be dangerous if your not real sure about what you are doing. It sounds to me that a 300 shot would explode one of these Mustang engines unless it was forged throughout built for it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Atomic Ed said:
:lol:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am actually in the process of something similiar. I have the shortblock built and I am now starting on the fuel system. I will be running a 2 stage Nitrous system. Right now the info that I have gotten from other Nitrous users is " dont go small on the F.I." with this in Mind I think I will be running either 42 or 50# injectors.

·
Registered
217 Posts
esandes said:
Yeah, I know a little bit about WTF I'm doing. Forged rods and pistons.
Sorry, I didn't mean any offense at all in my post to you, just trying to help make you aware that it could be dangerous.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Esandes, i would go with a dedicated fuel system just for the nitrous for that size of a shot. Also i dont think the injectors will have to go much bigger because the fuel is supplied after the injector through the nozzle. But more fuel is better. 38s i think would be fine. You will also need bigger lines, -6. A strong drivetrain as well if you dont already have one.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
lmao..you 98 guys are getting desperate...j/k:eek:

As for 38 pd. injectors, they may do it, I personally have no idea how the nozzle system works but if it were me with that much power being generated..at LEAST 42's maybe larger.

BTW where in Canada are you located?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Esandes, i would go with a dedicated fuel system just for the nitrous for that size of a shot. Also i dont think the injectors will have to go much bigger because the fuel is supplied after the injector through the nozzle. But more fuel is better. 38s i think would be fine. You will also need bigger lines, -6. A strong drivetrain as well if you dont already have one.
I'd say I'll need at least 42#ers, no? Yeah, I'll add the DFI to the wish list.

lmao..you 98 guys are getting desperate...j/k
Not really, my car runs damn strong as it is but I'll blame it on the sale SHM is offering on this NOSzle kit...$1200 US. That's a great deal. And it's only good for this month.

BTW where in Canada are you located?
Edmonton..go Oilers!

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
Just a thought, but when you'll be running the larger inject. driveability may be so-so, no? If I were you I'd go with 50's for the track and the shot, and then swap the 24's back in after..no biggie, get a flip chip calib. for the plan and another cal. to either throw back on your Mass Air or have two of those. Eh I'm only adding over a grand to the project;) Just something to consider if it's a daily.

And btw Edmonton..damn wish I paid your taxes on merchandise...here in Niagara Falls we're 7&8% for gulp 15%.:barf:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I hope your running plasma moly rings... I am building a purpose built Nitrous motor and prolly run at least 250 through it with a noszle type setup. I aggree your gonna need a seperate fuel supply. I havn't figured out what I am gonna do yet to accomplish that.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nitrous

Ok i bought a DSS pro modular s/b with the forged cobra crank, rods, and pistons. Piston comp. ratio is 10 to 1 i think because i want to stay with a N/A setup. also will getting pnp heads with oversized valves and a pretty hot cam from compcams. i was curious about how much nitrous could this setup take? 125- 200 shot?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok screw it, I'm out of the power adder game. Drivability is important as this is a daily driver. I'll just build a very powerful NA GT.

Ok i bought a DSS pro modular s/b with the forged cobra crank, rods, and pistons. Piston comp. ratio is 10 to 1 i think because i want to stay with a N/A setup. also will getting pnp heads with oversized valves and a pretty hot cam from compcams. i was curious about how much nitrous could this setup take? 125- 200 shot?
Forged rods/pistons/crank...I think it'll handle 600+ RWHP. BTW, I'd go with a slightly higher CR. Less than 10.5 but over 10:1.

With cam selection and nitrous, I've read everything from "avoid split duration cams" to "have a slightly (2-4 degrees) longer duration on the exhaust" to "go with 112 or lower LSA". Maybe someone else can chime in on cams.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Forged rods/pistons/crank...I think it'll handle 600+ RWHP

i hope it will handle more they claim 750 hp but i do know it still can blow with nothing added to it.

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
Don't know how much juice....but SHM claimed I could run 18+psi no problem. I know many mod racer run more, but there cars are usually track cars, mine was a daily.

I had..
JE forged pistons, Manly forged rods, and a forged cobra crank...around 9:1 comp.

BTW you already have a pretty powerful NA gt buddy, why not just a 100-150 shot for those " needed times "

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BTW you already have a pretty powerful NA gt buddy, why not just a 100-150 shot for those " needed times "
For me it's all or nothing...300 shot or nothing. I'm sure if I had a 100 shot, I'd be upgrading to 300 fast.

I'll stay happy with my 320+ RWHP (after the flat tops and LTs). After all, there are 600+ RWHP supras that only have 12 second timeslips.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I saw a supra dyno at 749 rwhp with a single t-76 turbo and a 100 shot of nitrous run 11.4 at the track but it was on street tires so I guess thats o-k.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I also plan on building a block and goin with a direct port nitrous setup. I wanna be runnin a 250 shot with no problems. Whatever gets me into 10's. I just want to know how much power the stock t-45 will take.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Im also plannin on runnin the 175 shot on my stock block when i have the forged block ready. thats gonna be fun!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts