Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 90 GT about a month ago and my goal now is to make 300rwhp yet keep it as streetable as possible. I would like to get 300 to the ground on motor and add 100 shot of nitrous later.

I was thinking about this combo: (trying to stay smog legal too)

GT40 upper and lower intake
Ported E7s
1.7 rockers
bbk shorties to mac prochamber to mac produmps
E303 cam
mac fenderwell cold air kit

What else should I get or change, keeping in mind I want to run nitrous later if that changes the cam any.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
youll need more cam, I would suggest long tubes, and really without flow #s on the heads its really hard to say, Im thinking youd need a head that flow's 230-240 CFM To achieve your goals, and a custom cam can really help get every ounce of power you have the potential for, depending on how well your heads flow, it may be possible with the E7's Ive never attempted what you doing and all I can really offer is an opinion...

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Nope, that won't do it. E7's are junk plain and simple. Look into real heads like tfs, afr or edelbrocks for example.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would go w/ TF TW heads and TF Street Intake or Edlebrock Performer Heads and Intake. Another option is TF TW heads and Edlebrock Performer Intake. Either case 1.6 rockers unless you plan on upgrading the springs.

All three combinations are pretty reasonable in price and you should be over 300 hp at the fly wheel.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
RedNotch1991 said:
I would go w/ TF TW heads and TF Street Intake or Edlebrock Performer Heads and Intake. Another option is TF TW heads and Edlebrock Performer Intake. Either case 1.6 rockers unless you plan on upgrading the springs.

All three combinations are pretty reasonable in price and you should be over 300 hp at the fly wheel.
300 at the fly wheel?? Hope that was a mistake. I went that route and got just a little over 300 at the wheels.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Not gonna make it with your combo San Diego Stang.
You need some aftermarket heads/intake.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Never say never.....

I've seen an E7 headed car put down 297rwhp/322rwtq at PHP's in Jackson Michigan. The heads were professionally ported back in the day when GT40 irons were about the only game in town. He has larger Ferra valves and the heads were milled. It's running a ported GT40 intake, an E cam with 1.7's, MAC longtubes, T5, 4:10's. Oh yeah, all of this on 19# injectors. He's typically 2 tenths quicker than me when we go out to Milan. FWIW, his car was in Super Ford magazine back in the day when they highlighted one of PHP's Dyno Days. PM Corral user JOHN1243 if you need further details. He has a well thought out and tested combination.

Before you all flame and stone me, I agree that it would be much easier to just go to a set of aftermarket heads and a custom cam.

Edit: spelling typo correction

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Save your money and get the best heads you can afford. I would recommend AFR 185's on a 5.0. I just finished a mild build up of one that put 399hp at the flywheel with a stock cam and ported stock intake.
Some people have made good power with stock heads but they are a big limiting factor. You will be down a good 50-70 hp using them over a good aftermarket head.
Good luck.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
combo will go 12.9ish @ 105ish I'd say

I went [email protected] @3400lbs w/5spd and performer intake on slicks w/1.68 60's, I also had $99 flowtech 1 5/8 longtubes and 19's at the time

I figure 110 might be about 300rwhp

I've changed alot of parts, some stuff because it broke(tranny headers) and am not going any faster or slower w/mods, time for heads and/or boost I think

1 - 9 of 9 Posts