Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone post up a quick list of the small block ford heads (aftermarket of course...) that flow right at or over 300 cfm intake out of the box

thanks,

·
Registered
526 Posts
tfsR, brodix track head is up there, afr 205's, blue thunder out of the box are well over 300, edelbrock victor heads flow well out of the box, hmmm i think thats it. i think vic jr could flow that well if they had a good stage 1 port job and a better valve job.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have those on the list, including the AFR 225, and the Brodix (??) ones

what else can we throw in there

·
Registered
526 Posts
have you seen the blue thunder heads?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
only in a mag/over the 'net.... havent touched them in person :)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I know its not exactly what you were asking for, but the 4V cleveland heads go over 300 cfm with very little work. some very minor bowl clean-up and good valve job.

They normally flow in the 270-280 range in 'true untouched' form

Buddy

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
SURFS UP DUDE! said:
have you seen the blue thunder heads?
I didn't see where he said he wants to run Pro 5.0.....might as well throw Yates heads in the conversation if you're counting Blue Thunders.....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Dan,

I'm in a discussion on another site.. his daddy thinks he's a big professional when it comes to head porting.

He went on to say i didnt know any thing and the NO out of the box ford head could flow ~300 . So in this discussion I'm all game and open to anything :)

the last comment was something like "i KNOW most of them dont flow that out of the box, maybe the Yates(if they are the NASCAR head), normally whats advertised is total BS... " lol

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts