Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search and didnt see anything relating to this topic. i read some time ago that 30# injectors are a bit much for the stock rails, is this really the case? i was always under the impression that the stock rails can hold the 30#ers without poor delivery.
also while you're in here...anyone have 24# injectors with drivability problems? i've heard a few times that there's something about these injectors that causes poor drivability issues, which is the reason for me going to the 30#..any input on these issue?

thanks
steve

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I ran 30# will the stock rails for years w/o a problem. THe engine made almost 500 FWHP.

24s driveability is fine, 30s driveability is fine. Once you get up around 50# the injectors get kinda sloppy with high imp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I skipped over the 24s and went to the 30s because there was a raging debate here over driveability with 24s a couple of years ago. Some people said the 24s wouldn't work, others said you don't know what the **** you're talking about!!

I decided that some people had trouble with the 24s and others didn't because of their setups; and with my luck I would surely have problems. I have NO drivability/mileage/startup problems with my 30s/pro-m setup.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks for the info..

hey GMEater:
what Pro M do you have? what's your air intake setup? i have a fenderwell CAI and am debating on whether to get rid of it or use the stock air box w/ no air silencer..dunno, looking for suggestions..thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry it took so long - I guess I forgot to subscribe.

I have got a Home Depot/GMEater fenderwell CAI;) and a 75mm pro-m bullet.

As far as the stock airbox vs the CAI - it isn't that big a deal to swap in a CAI, so try both!

Also, I just bought a supercharger for my car and will be upgrading to 42# injectors so I don't have to use an FMU; PM me if you are interested in buying the pro-m and 30# injectors as a set.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
pro m says its harder to map the 24# injectors.

i run 30# injectors with stock fuel rails but am a little leary in doing so.when i get a chance i am going to either go with aftermarket lines or adapt the 94-95 lines.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I have seen numerous guys running 30's on stock rails and putting down some very impressive numbers. It would be nice to have aftermarket ones, but.... you can get by fine.

Kyle

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm using stock 94-95 fuel rails with no problem....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts