Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gf and I went for a lil cruise last night, and I decided to snap a picture.

Highest we saw for the night was just a tad over 31 mpgs.

Not too bad for a lowly Automatic Mustang GT with a ProCal tune that seems frowned-upon by so many.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
That's terrible. Doesn't even get as good of mileage as an F150 Super Crew 4 x 4 in 100 degree weather!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, I never claimed it was anywhere near the most fuel efficient, I just posted it since so many Mustang owners hate on Ford Racing's ProCal Tune.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
I'm just messing with you. My GT gets 25 on the highway with the M6 and 3.73's. The pic really is from my F150 though (all stock).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just messing with you. My GT gets 25 on the highway with the M6 and 3.73's. The pic really is from my F150 though (all stock).
I've been thinking of changing to 3:73's but have read so many mixed reviews on it (for the Automatic's). Do you like yours in your 6M?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've been thinking of changing to 3:73's but have read so many mixed reviews on it (for the Automatic's). Do you like yours in your 6M?
With the ProCal you cannot adjust for a gear change unless it was a factory option.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
With the ProCal you cannot adjust for a gear change unless it was a factory option.
Who owns a ProCal and has told you such a thing?

I assure you, the ProCal can adjust for different tire size as well as rear end, I can post a screen shot for whoever is spreading those false rumors.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Honestly it is a bit more gear than is really needed, although I haven't driven a 5.0 with a different ratio. Even at an intersection of two lane roads I'm in third gear before I'm completely through the intersection sometimes. As smooth as the 5.0 is the cruise rpm's don't bother me on the highway so I guess in the end it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly it is a bit more gear than is really needed, although I haven't driven a 5.0 with a different ratio. Even at an intersection of two lane roads I'm in third gear before I'm completely through the intersection sometimes. As smooth as the 5.0 is the cruise rpm's don't bother me on the highway so I guess in the end it doesn't matter.
Good info for sure, thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts