Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who made a good 3" exhaust that work with the bbk 1 3/4 long tube?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Isn't the bbk 1 3/4 a 2 1/2 collector thats really 2 1/4 before mods? Regardless, if you want 3" stuff, many choices are around in premade stuf....mac, dr gas etc.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are right the bbk has a 2.5 inch collector , i also got the matching shorty off road H pipe. I guess what i need is a 3 inch catback with a 2.5 collector?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Don't bother dude, if its not 3" all the way through you won' t be gaining much. Somebody on here cut off the bbk collectors and welded on 3" pipes to connect the 1 3/4 bbk's to a 3" x/h pipe....not sure who it was though. Are you just looking for 3" tailpipes or something? THose bbk's say they have a 2 1/2 collector, but if you measure its really a 2 1/4" hole......so if you are making any power, make sure you open that hole up to the full 2 1/2 to pick up some ponies. WHat is the setup?

·
Registered
202 Posts
loi,

Hey bud, what's happening? The Corraler that did the 3" collector mod was Shifter. He also runs the 3" X-pipe and cat-back (I think it's Flowpath mufflers?) Anyways, I thought you had those headers custom made? How's the new motor coming. I'd like to see the spec's on the new cam. Are you coming out to the races tonight?

Andy

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Someone PM'd me about this so I thought I'd post up pics...

this is really dug up from the dead, but here are the pics anyway! LOL!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Does anyone have the full 3 inch kit from MAC for the fox body??? From long tubes to ProChamber to tailpipes??? I would really like to hear it as this is what I would like to buy eventually. If anyone has a sound clip that would be great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts