Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally made it to the track today for some T&T. Weather was great for around here this time of year Density ALT was around 2500. The pass kinda started screwed up LOL line lock wouldn't hold the car but **** the slight hazing worked fine and resulted in my best 60' ever a 1.579 Then from there everything was fine until the end of second gear I hear a miss think I hit the limiter so I jammed 3rd and it struggled threw the rpms in third and then teh same in 4th until around the 1000' mark and it went basically dead but still pelled threw the pass. It was down a ton on power I think I broke a valve spring will know for sure tommorow after I get the valve covers off. Here are teh details on that run.

60' - 1.579
330' - 4.899
1/8 - 7.658 @ 86.61
1000 - 10.025
1/4 - 12.058 @ 111.27

Big thanks to Ken for helping get the car loaded on teh trailer and unloading it. Hopefully I will get it fixed this next week and be ready to kick so ass on the 27th

Brandon

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
When springs are you running ?THe comps or mod max ?

Great numbers for a botched run :D

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
ALLMTR2V said:
they where Mod Max springs if that is what turns out to be the for sure problem Comps are going in that is for sure.
I hope everything is ok.

If you swap to the comps ,i know you wont have a issue.Mine has been to 7k (redline)and have over 5k miles on them with no issues.

·
Registered
776 Posts
ttt

Hope it wasn't the ModMax valvesprings. If so, that's two cars I've read about in the last few minutes. If it's true, I'm not using the Modmax DOHC valvesprings I just bought.

If you have photo's of broke springs post them if you can.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck, Brandon. :( But looks on the bright side, you went 4 hundredths quicker, and over 1 MPH faster. You put that 40 RWHP to work! :) Anyways, I hope the valve spring isn't your problem. My car has the ModMax springs in as well, and I haven't broken one *yet*..... *knock on wood* Good luck with things man, and I can't wait to see how far down in the 11's you dip this year! Later bro...

·
Registered
892 Posts
Well, it's amazing that a bad run still nets a 12.05 at 111. I'm hoping for that on an excellent run!!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Very nice runs Brandon. Get the car fixed and let us know how she does.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
281cipwr said:
hey what all are you runing to get a n/a 4.6 into low 12's ?
to get to the hp level to get you almost there (driving is necessary too, keep in mind ;)) you need:

P&P heads and a nicely chosen cam
bullitt intake ported and matched
high compression shortblock
all the bolt ons w/ longtubes

that should just about do it

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
2000 Saleen said:
to get to the hp level to get you almost there (driving is necessary too, keep in mind ;)) you need:

P&P heads and a nicely chosen cam
bullitt intake ported and matched
high compression shortblock
all the bolt ons w/ longtubes

that should just about do it
You can scratch the high compression shortblock off the list. I got there without it. Of course it's not a bad idea, just not a necessity.

Ken

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well bad news guys I have no lucky rabbit to save me I am out of 2VNA at the shootout:mad: The pistons are straight screwed up, the heads need alot of work, so now onto bigger and better things I guess. here are some of the damage pics:usa:

Hey there is that valve guide damn

Damn I thought I had flatops with no valve relifs

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
damn bro, looks like you did them in nicely. Time for a full rebuild :evil:

·
Registered
776 Posts
ALLMTR2V said:
Well bad news guys I have no lucky rabbit to save me I am out of 2VNA at the shootout:mad: The pistons are straight screwed up, the heads need alot of work, so now onto bigger and better things I guess. here are some of the damage pics:usa:

Hey there is that valve guide damn

Damn I thought I had flatops with no valve relifs

So a valve guide caused this?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts