Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It looks like the pipes tuck up to the bottom of the kmember but make sure you have ground clearance for them.

I also have #80's and an HPX but I can't wait to get rid of the MAF once I get the Megasquirt up and running. The #80's will be fine especially since you'll be adding meth.

My car came with EMUSA Waste Gates and so far so good. Not sure of the blowoff valve tho.
I'm using an Eboost 2 for boost control. Too damn complicated for me but it works good.

ks
The Eboost 2 looks bada** for sure. Very sleek setup.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I believe the owners of thp were with HP performance whose kit I run. THP kit costs $7000. It is a nice kit.
Also search boost Leash for a boost controller.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I believe the owners of thp were with HP performance whose kit I run. THP kit costs $7000. It is a nice kit.
Also search boost Leash for a boost controller.
Good stuff. I'll do a little reading on boost leash, quick search looks like a real quality product.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Another silly question. I had a GI Joe 8 rib setup on this car with a Thump RRR tensioner and a 8 rib IW 10% overdrive crank pulley. I'm guessing with going turbo it would be best to go back to all stock pulleys and stock damper?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes, you can sell all of that stuff.
I wouldn't use a stock damper.
Would it be possible to just re-use my 8 rib pulleys and run an 8 rib accessory setup instead of selling it all and going back to 6 rib? If I already have the 8 rib pulleys for alternator, water pump, a/c, etc...any thoughts on that? And I'm sorry, I wouldn't run a stock damper...I meant a stock diameter. I would get a IW 8 rib damper but stock diameter to use with my existing 8 rib pulleys that I already have

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have a brand new NX plate kit that I was planning on running with my blower. Would I be crazy to run a small 50 shot with a turbo setup? I also already have an AIS meth system on the car from my blower setup. Again, would I be crazy to run meth and/or nitrous with a turbo setup?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I have a brand new NX plate kit that I was planning on running with my blower. Would I be crazy to run a small 50 shot with a turbo setup? I also already have an AIS meth system on the car from my blower setup. Again, would I be crazy to run meth and/or nitrous with a turbo setup?
People do it but it seems that you're going a bit overboard for a car that "gets driven a few times a year, and is just a street warrior, cruiser" with the N2O.

I wonder how often you would actually use it when cruising around, though. If the car truly won't get driven that much then you'll have to make sure the bottle is always full at all times "just in case". I don't know what your driving habits will be in 2-3 years but my guess is that once the bottle is empty it will rarely be full b/c the turbo/meth will provide all the bang you'll want at the exact moment you want it.

y2k02 above has some vids of his car spooling and it spools fast so I don't know if you'd need the N2O for a fun street car. I'd sell it.

ks

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
People do it but it seems that you're going a bit overboard for a car that "gets driven a few times a year, and is just a street warrior, cruiser" with the N2O.

I wonder how often you would actually use it when cruising around, though. If the car truly won't get driven that much then you'll have to make sure the bottle is always full at all times "just in case". I don't know what your driving habits will be in 2-3 years but my guess is that once the bottle is empty it will rarely be full b/c the turbo/meth will provide all the bang you'll want at the exact moment you want it.

y2k02 above has some vids of his car spooling and it spools fast so I don't know if you'd need the N2O for a fun street car. I'd sell it.

ks
Yeah, you're right. Just one of those things that I already have it sitting here. But since I'm so new to the turbo game it will probably make most sense to sell this thing and put it towards the build and getting used to this setup first.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Have been doing research online about options for single 2v setups out there. It seems like there are complete opposite of the spectrum. The cheaper on3 setups, or you can drop some serious coin on a Hellion/custom setup. I ran into engine issues, and may end up keeping my car and pulling engine and swapping from blower to turbo. Quick rundown of what setup would be:

97 Block, .20
Manley H beam rods, all arp hardware
Manley 18cc Platinum series pistons
cobra crank
Trickflow 44cc heads with custom grind turbo cams
Edelbrock manifold, 6061 plenum

So after doing some research online, I'm finding tons of posts from anywhere from '12-14 with people bashing the quality of on3 kits. It seems like the few I'm finding more recently online suggest quality has gotten better. Does anybody have first hand experience with on3 piping? If I went through with this, I would definitely run an upgraded turbo, probably a precision, and upgraded components such as bov, wastegate, etc. But what about just the piping from on3? The next stage of the spectrum I'm reading great things about C&G Fab, which the quality does look awesome. But for a car that gets driven a few times a year, and is just a street warrior, cruiser...would this drastic price difference be worth the cost? Also, what are the differences and benefits of upgrading the material of the material say from mild steel to stainless? Just for heat/rusting purposes?

When it comes to turbo, because this is such a small cube motor, would say something like a 76mm be a good fit for a street car but capable of being 700+rwhp through an auto?

Any input and advice on the above would be greatly appreciated. I've been a blower guy the entire time I've been in the modular game, so am a bit new to turbos. Thanks in advance
Here is my setup:

'05 WAP block
Diamond .020" over 15cc dish pistons
10.0:1
Manely H-beams w/ARP 2000's
Cobra crank
MHS stage 3 PI heads
Hi-Tech Motorsports custom turbo grind cams
Edelbrock Victor Jr intake w/MHS elbow & Accufab 75mm tb
Ford 80's
E-85
Cobra tank w/Fore hat & 3 Ford GT pumps
-10 feed, -8 to the rails, -8 back to the tank
A1000 regulator
HPX-E Maf
Custom Turbo kit
PTE 7175 @ 20 psi
T-56
3.27 gears
Built rear end

785 rwhp / 725 rwtq @ 20 psi.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Here is my setup:

'05 WAP block
Diamond .020" over 15cc dish pistons
10.0:1
Manely H-beams w/ARP 2000's
Cobra crank
MHS stage 3 PI heads
Hi-Tech Motorsports custom turbo grind cams
Edelbrock Victor Jr intake w/MHS elbow & Accufab 75mm tb
Ford 80's
E-85
Cobra tank w/Fore hat & 3 Ford GT pumps
-10 feed, -8 to the rails, -8 back to the tank
A1000 regulator
HPX-E Maf
Custom Turbo kit
PTE 7175 @ 20 psi
T-56
3.27 gears
Built rear end

785 rwhp / 725 rwtq @ 20 psi.
Thanks for the rundown on your setup. Do you happen to have any pics you can post up? You had the hot and cold sides custom made? Anything you maybe would have done differently?

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Thanks for the rundown on your setup. Do you happen to have any pics you can post up? You had the hot and cold sides custom made? Anything you maybe would have done differently?
I believe the kit was originally built by TDC (Turbo Design Concepts) and then modified by the previous owner.

I only have pictures of the kit installed. I never thought about taking any when I reinstalled the kit after the new engine was built.

I can describe the kit if you would like?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have been doing research online about options for single 2v setups out there. It seems like there are complete opposite of the spectrum. The cheaper on3 setups, or you can drop some serious coin on a Hellion/custom setup. I ran into engine issues, and may end up keeping my car and pulling engine and swapping from blower to turbo. Quick rundown of what setup would be:

97 Block, .20
Manley H beam rods, all arp hardware
Manley 18cc Platinum series pistons
cobra crank
Trickflow 44cc heads with custom grind turbo cams
Edelbrock manifold, 6061 plenum

So after doing some research online, I'm finding tons of posts from anywhere from '12-14 with people bashing the quality of on3 kits. It seems like the few I'm finding more recently online suggest quality has gotten better. Does anybody have first hand experience with on3 piping? If I went through with this, I would definitely run an upgraded turbo, probably a precision, and upgraded components such as bov, wastegate, etc. But what about just the piping from on3? The next stage of the spectrum I'm reading great things about C&G Fab, which the quality does look awesome. But for a car that gets driven a few times a year, and is just a street warrior, cruiser...would this drastic price difference be worth the cost? Also, what are the differences and benefits of upgrading the material of the material say from mild steel to stainless? Just for heat/rusting purposes?

When it comes to turbo, because this is such a small cube motor, would say something like a 76mm be a good fit for a street car but capable of being 700+rwhp through an auto?

Any input and advice on the above would be greatly appreciated. I've been a blower guy the entire time I've been in the modular game, so am a bit new to turbos. Thanks in advance
People bash them because they get in over there head on mechanical skill level. When you do a turbo there is a TON OF FABRICATION. I have done one and they are not bad at all. I would hate to try it with no car lift. I own a shop so I have a lift which makes it easier. I hate seeing a company bashed because someone misuses the product. I'd be a jerk to if people were bashing my business like they have his.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
^You need to go back in time and read about them. They are better now, but hard to get away from that time. Also, I have never had a lift. I don't own or work for a shop. I have never even worked in the auto industry. I have had twin turbos on my car since 05 and done 90% of my own work right in the garage with the car on jack stands.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts