Ford Mustang Forums banner

2V TP Turbo Kit is On!!!!

2K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  A.Brown 
#1 ·
Got my car back today and all I can say is WOW!!!! Even not going into WOT till I get to the Dyno Monday you can feel this car has some real power. I'll post the Dyno #'s Monday night. If anybody is thinking about this kit I will say I am 100% satisfied with Brad at Total Performance. His kit is second to none and he will do everythig he can for you. I'm not trying to start a fight but I have rode in s/c cars and now a turbo and I will take the turbo. Just my 2 cents:joy:

#2 ·
oh you lucky BASTARD!!!!! How much did it cost for the system and install??? That low end punch must be unbelievable!!!

ROb

#5 ·
Adam:

What date are you looking to get it back? Let me know so I can make the trip to atlanta so you can take me around the block. :D

#7 ·
Hey, let me ask you two quick questions if you dont mind:

1. what had to be moved/relocated to get the kit to fit(i.e. power steering, hoses , you get the idea)

2. How long was your car at the shop. I am afraid to take it there and have it sitting there for a month or something. Thanks.

#10 ·
Wait a minute!!!! Total Performance is in ILLINOIS!!!!!! Oh damn, I might have to get a turbo now!!!!!! Thats a big problem for me. I never wanted to buy a TDC kit because they were like a million miles away, so I would have to pay some guy with no experience on the kit install it, but man, if Total performance is right here, I'm buying one!!!!!! WHere in Illinois are they and what is their phone #??? Oh, and you still haven't told us how much it would cost us to put one on.

Thanx,

Rob

#12 ·
How far is Danville from Chicago. I've heard of Danville, just never seen it on a map or anything. Hopefully its not as far as Springfield.

Rob

#14 ·
I think Danville is about a hour or little more south of Chicago. The install cost me around $900. But there is always little things like new oil, Etc, Ect. I go to dyno tune monday so I will post #'s then.

#16 ·
This kit is very streetable my trip home was 400 miles and it drove like stock till you pushed the gas! That is were the turbo is great on the interstate if your cruising at 70 75 your rpm is at 2300 right were the turbo is hitting full boost so you just hit the gas and your GONE!!!!

#18 ·
godsmak53190 said:
whats the lowest mph you notice the boost kick in? akatherazor4 what kinda numbers do you think your runnin in th1/4?
Well the Vortech has only been on for a few months now. It is currently getting retuned at a local shop and should be done today. It is very cold here right now and all the tracks I know of are closed. After this final tuning is done I will be installing a solid rear. I am searching desperately for someone to swap my IRS with.

In N/A form with 4:10's the car went 13.21 @ 105.62mph. That was done with the factory radials out back. I think my car is good for somewhere in the 11's now with a solid rear and some ET streets. I will have to wait for some warmer weather and the tracks to open to confirm this.

Razor.

#19 ·
I just called Total Performance, and that is way cheaper than getting the TDC kit in!!!!!! The install is a great price. ANd with the group purchase it just wouldn't be worth it to buy a supercharger anmore. Its hardly more than the price of a Procharger F-1, after buying injectors, the MAF, and paying for install.

I was hoping Turbo prices dropped.

THe only thing I'm concerned with is traction.

Even on the highway when I floor it from like 60mph my tires break loose sometimes. SO how the hell would I keep my tires from spinning with a Turbo??? I can't drive around with slicks on the car:confused: 1st and 2nd gears are almost useless already, I couldn't imagine having more low end power, that would just be nuts trying to keep to the ground!!!!

#21 ·
BoostedGT said:

Even on the highway when I floor it from like 60mph my tires break loose sometimes. SO how the hell would I keep my tires from spinning with a Turbo??? I can't drive around with slicks on the car:confused: 1st and 2nd gears are almost useless already, I couldn't imagine having more low end power, that would just be nuts trying to keep to the ground!!!!
Maybe go higher gear, 3.27 in the rear. Would help spin at cost of torque multiplication. If you can't use the torque most of the time, maybe you can find a happier medium somewhere (2.73-3.73)
-wjfawb0

#23 ·
woehrsy said:
I think Danville is about a hour or little more south of Chicago. The install cost me around $900. But there is always little things like new oil, Etc, Ect. I go to dyno tune monday so I will post #'s then.
]

It is good to hear that the installation was about $900. I can’t say I got ripped off
but I paid almost 3 times that here, in California.

After shopping around the shop was recommend to me, and it seemed like the cheapest, hourly rate wise, plus some of these shops up here would not touch a turbo installation, anyway they charge like $90 bucks an hours so they’re too expensive up here in Northern
California.

I have yet to post anything on my set up since I still need to have it properly tuned.
I am glad to hear that it runs awesome.

#25 ·
I agree, turbos are the way to go. As long as you have some major motor to hide the lag. With my wife's 2002 VW GTi turbo, the thing is really fast, but the lag from lack of motor is horrible, and I mean horrible. With a stick shift, I'm sure you can avoid it more, but with her 5-speed automatic with shiftronic, the lag at around 1000-2000rpm can actually be dangerous when trying to get out of the way, or passing someone:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.