Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
BoostedGT said:

Even on the highway when I floor it from like 60mph my tires break loose sometimes. SO how the hell would I keep my tires from spinning with a Turbo??? I can't drive around with slicks on the car:confused: 1st and 2nd gears are almost useless already, I couldn't imagine having more low end power, that would just be nuts trying to keep to the ground!!!!
Maybe go higher gear, 3.27 in the rear. Would help spin at cost of torque multiplication. If you can't use the torque most of the time, maybe you can find a happier medium somewhere (2.73-3.73)
-wjfawb0

woehrsy said:
I think Danville is about a hour or little more south of Chicago. The install cost me around $900. But there is always little things like new oil, Etc, Ect. I go to dyno tune monday so I will post #'s then.
]

It is good to hear that the installation was about $900. I can’t say I got ripped off
but I paid almost 3 times that here, in California.

After shopping around the shop was recommend to me, and it seemed like the cheapest, hourly rate wise, plus some of these shops up here would not touch a turbo installation, anyway they charge like $90 bucks an hours so they’re too expensive up here in Northern
California.

I have yet to post anything on my set up since I still need to have it properly tuned.
I am glad to hear that it runs awesome.

How did it do?

I have had many of both turbos and blowers and i will never own another blower.

I agree, turbos are the way to go. As long as you have some major motor to hide the lag. With my wife's 2002 VW GTi turbo, the thing is really fast, but the lag from lack of motor is horrible, and I mean horrible. With a stick shift, I'm sure you can avoid it more, but with her 5-speed automatic with shiftronic, the lag at around 1000-2000rpm can actually be dangerous when trying to get out of the way, or passing someone:eek:

At a dyno day in Houston this past weekend saw a turbo bullit put down 380hp with 6-7 psi and a/f was 10.1-8. So properly tuned should be well over 400hp

bc

Blake said:
At a dyno day in Houston this past weekend saw a turbo bullit put down 380hp with 6-7 psi and a/f was 10.1-8. So properly tuned should be well over 400hp

bc
yea i saw that on the imboc forum, seems kinda low compared to the others.

rancid said:
Adam:

What date are you looking to get it back? Let me know so I can make the trip to atlanta so you can take me around the block. :D
It will be about Feb/March. I will definitely let you know :)

-Adam

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.