Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a specific tuner that deletes the MIL o2 sensor codes.? If so, will it change the tune on the car?? I have an 03 GT and I've heard about the eliminators from American Muscle but which is a better buy, considering i need a handheld anyway. And one of the wires on my downstream o2 sensor is cut. I'm afraid ill have to buy new ones just so eliminators will work properly. Its also throwing lean codes bank one and two. Please any advice would help. Will cams cause these codes? :-/

·
Registered
152 Posts
You can build your own MIL eliminators for less than $6 with parts from radio shack.
look here. DIY MIL Eliminators

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
never heard of sniper, who sells that and if i was to turn the upstream o2 sensors off, wouldnt it run like ####??

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a specific tuner that deletes the MIL o2 sensor codes.? If so, will it change the tune on the car?? I have an 03 GT and I've heard about the eliminators from American Muscle but which is a better buy, considering i need a handheld anyway. And one of the wires on my downstream o2 sensor is cut. I'm afraid ill have to buy new ones just so eliminators will work properly. Its also throwing lean codes bank one and two. Please any advice would help. Will cams cause these codes? :-/
Do you have cams? If you do then you need a custom tune.

As for needing a new o2 because the one wire is cut, as long as its not broken where the wires go into the sensor you're fine.

Honestly you need to sort out any issues before going any further.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts