Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 bullitt that I want to do a head swap on. I have 2001 cobra 4v heads. I know I need the front timing cover/pulleys and exhaust & intake manifold. What else will I need. What else should I be concerned about before attempting this.

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
941 Posts
Assuming you have the cams, you will need the valve covers in addition to the 4v Timing chains, tensioners and guides.

That should be about it.

Oh the water crossover tubes in the Front and in the rear if they are different from the 2v.

I think a lot of the harness should fit with some prodding, the Gt EEC will run the motor fine but a custom chip for the extra RPM and modifing the Timing curves will really help out.

At least you are moving in the right direction and not wasting time with the 2V head stuff.

Good luck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Did this work????

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the head/covers, timing cover and lt headers. But still don't have the intake. Can't really start it until a spring anyway.
-Michael

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Add to the list...Coil on plug units, The 2V coils wont fit. And flat top pistons.The 52cc chambers of a 4v head will seriously drop the compression ratio...Al

·
Registered
493 Posts
What about the coolant passages, hoses and the thermostat?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts