Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2004 mustang that is a daily driver in the summer months.
I would like to have a wider tire on the rear mostly just for looks.
I don't want anything to rub or stick out passed the fender.
I like the looks of 315 35 on a 10" rim but I worry that it will rub or stick out past the fender.
If someone is running this set combination let me know how it worked out for you.
Or
Go with 275 40 17 on a 9" rim would that be enough difference from the fronts >235 50 17
to make it obvious the rear is wider?

If ran the 315s on 10" rims do you think they would stick out past the rear fender?
I will be using the AFS Mach1 look alike wheels

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
I run a 315/30 on 18x11s - they bulge just a little. IMHO, you need at least an 11" rim with 315s. I wish I had gone to an 11.5" rim for the 315s or dropped down to a 305 tire on the 11s.

As far as rubbing, on my old 01 Cobra there appeared to be a ton of room out back. I ran a 275 on stock 17x8s which bulged on the rim too much but no rubbing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone. I am just curious as to what the total height is once they are mounted, and on the truck. 33x12.50x15" duratrac, on a 15x8 wheel. thanks in advance to vehicletreat . trying to get as close to 33" tall as possible. my 32" folks are 31.5" tall when mounted and on the truck. so I'm just curious what the duratracs are

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,064 Posts
Heights of tires (diameter) should be available on each tire manufacture’s website. Those numbers are accurate and what you will see mounted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.