Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soon to buy a stang, will b fitting a forged short or long block before i ship it back to me i was looking at nos till i can buy a hp tt kit. what i want to know is what is needed besides a forged shortblock what kits are good, and what times will it run copmpletly stock other wise.

·
Registered
286 Posts
It will probably not run any times, cause you are gonna need at LEAST a fuel pump, prolly injectors. Thats a lot of n20 for stock cams as well, granted i dont know how much a modular head flows. It doesnt matter how strong your block is, if its not getting enough fuel its going to turn your spark plug into a flame thrower. it will get VERY lean.

·
Registered
403 Posts
WOW, awesome. You're going to need a serious fuel system in conjunction with a dyno-tune and N2O controller.

I'm not even sure the 99+ returnless-style fuel system can support this type of power. Maybe the 99+ gurus can step in a make some comments on that.......

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
yeah, you might want to sump the tank and run a seperate fuel system to make it easier to tune. I would start a little lower like a 100 shot and work my way up. Too much of a good thing can be bad, n-kay?
I would run an NX wet kit. I like them a lot, but the NOS dry kits seem to work well on the less than 150 shots.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i know ill need injectors and stuff, ill probally be going with after market heads and blower cams for the turbo setup later on, so as far as tuning and fuel is concerend thats where i need help, who offers a kit that is like what i want to acheive

·
Registered
403 Posts
For a large shot like that through the plastic intake will be a no-no. Maybe an upgrade to a Bullitt-style intake may be necessary when you accomplish the head swap.

For tuning purposes I would contact SCT
http://www.superchipscustom.com/

I think you may want to upgrade to the dual in-tank pump setup that Steeda offers or possibly use the Focus pump setup. I'm not even sure 42 lb/hr injectors can handle the task at hand. (like I said earlier, maybe some gurus can step in on these issues)

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
An '03 pump and Boost-a-Pump should hold a 250 shot on a two valve engine, since it will handle a 150 shot on a 4 valve engine without the BAP. I will be trying mine on a 200 shot in a few weeks, with the BAP. You need to have a return style regulator and modify the computer to run it return style, in my opinion, at anything over a 100 shot. Just my opinion. Keep your checkbook handy.

You really shouldn't try that much nitrous unless you have the chassis and drivetrain to take it. I would get all the hardware in place and run it on a 150 shot until you get everything working right, then go up.......slowly.

I've never run more than a 150 shot, but I have over a 100 passes on the juice, and it is not to be taken lightly, believe me. You must have everything right, and then keep it right.

A separate fuel system and possibly two-staging the nitrous system for a 250 total are definitely items to consider.

Joe

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have seen a computer that controls the fuel and nitrous and only gives a pre determined amount per rev's so like at 3000rpm it gives 50hp then at 3250rpm 75hp and you set how qikly you want the power to come on or how slowly. i spoke to a bloke who ran this on a bone stock 5.0L ford falcon and hes never had a problem after about 20-25 uses, anybody seen this before

·
Registered
701 Posts
Mustangmichael said:
yeah, you might want to sump the tank and run a seperate fuel system to make it easier to tune. I would start a little lower like a 100 shot and work my way up. Too much of a good thing can be bad, n-kay?
I would run an NX wet kit. I like them a lot, but the NOS dry kits seem to work well on the less than 150 shots.

I concur.....I tried a couple of dry kits on my 03 GT and If i had a chance to do it again i would go with a NX wet kit.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just get a Two stage fogger and be done with it. There about $1400 and safer. You are crazy for a 250 shot, hell it wont hert to go to a 300hp shot while you atr it. J/K lol.

CJ

·
Registered
223 Posts
XRQTOR said:
yea i know ill need injectors and stuff, ill probally be going with after market heads and blower cams for the turbo setup later on, so as far as tuning and fuel is concerend thats where i need help, who offers a kit that is like what i want to acheive
Sorry but there aren't any aftermarket heads available for 99+ GT cars. All you can do is port your stockers for now, which will work just fine. Plenty of options for blower cams though.

Are you trying to blow up your stock engine? You're going to have to take so much timing out of it to run a 250-300 shot that the car will be turd, until you spray it then it will be a fireworks show. I wouldn't recommend doing what you are talking about, except for the tubo and forged shortblock of course. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
I think the nozzle kit is a good idea. I hadn't thought of that, as most people shy away from the kit when they hear the price. I can help you out on the price a bit, if you want to try one, as I am curious to see how well they work..

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the comments fellas help is great, btw im now thinking of buying a 99 cobra instead of a gt. I cant see what i cant run a 250 or even a 300hp shot on a nice forged motor good for 800hp. has no one ever seen this computer that im asking about that only releases a set amount of n2o per revs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have done the research because I am in the process of having my car redone. I will be running a 350 shot maybe even 400 off the nx 2 stage system . I had my bottom end completely rebuilt by chp(5.1 pro streetfighter), ported and polished heads,stage2 cams,new fuel pump, 42# injectors, new clutch , moser 31 spline rear end and things keep presenting new upgrades . This is getting expensive. If you dont want to run into more problems and spend more money stick with the 150 wet shot.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I am in the process of looking for the NOS Nozzle kit(100-300hp). It seems to be the best available. The wet kits seem to enjoy blowing up the plastic intakes. I found the NOS kit at Tommie Vaughn for $1178 but they will not have any for 2-3 weeks. I don't feel like waiting but also can't find them anywhere else???

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well ive thought long and hard i think ill spend the extra money and buy a cobra, still go with the same idear but itll take longer to peice together. ****e we even have the nossel kit over here in auz

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
The NOSzle kit for a Cobra is going to be different than the one for the GT engine. Here is what a simple 150 shot NX wet kit can do on a relatively mild Cobra convertible.

http://www.joelynch.org/videos/sar12-19-03.mpg

I am fixing to try a 200 shot using the same setup.

Joe

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
was that a 10.7 on a 150 shot, what other mods have you done to get this et

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
cams, heads, intake, gears, chassis, roll bar, clutch, headers, instrumentation/computer stuff out the wazoo, Drag tires front and rear, crossmember, shocks, front springs.

But I still have a T-45 and a clutch. And drive it to work, occasionally.

Joe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts