Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know about the hp rating for each injector size but im irritated that i have a fuel leak thanks to a non-stock ghetto fuel injector and i dont have time to wait for a new injector or to have a car be down. so my question is with my combo (in my sig) and stock 88 SD computer will 24# injectors cause any issues?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
389 Posts
U need a mass air calibrated for those 24 # injectors.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my car isnt mass air....its an 88 Speed Density car...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know i dont need them i just have an injector that needs to be replaced and i only have a set of 24# ones laying around. thats the reason i was asking.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
A lot of people have trouble with all kinds of stuff when they try this. Rich conditions, idle and part throttle problems. Surging. You can try it but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work right.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i ended up calling up a local shop i found that does a good amount of mustangs and he said he wouldnt do it unless i had mass air. so i swapped the bad injector to drivers side and passenger side intake is bone dry as it should be. the drivers side where the bad injector is has a VERY small amount of fuel leaking. i found a guy here in my area that has a set of stock 19# ford injectors so im going to try and meet up with him to buy them and swap it out and i should be good to go.

the one nice thing about all this is i can remove the intake and fuel rails/injectors and reinstall in a very quick time frame haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts