Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a set of non power front seats for a 2015-2017 Mustang. Would anyone happen to know if they would bolt in, no fabbing or rigging, to my 1987 Mustang?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I did it.. you have to sawzall and cutoff wheel oem brackets.. then gut electronics and what not.

Weld in angle iron drilled to accept fox brackets.

2017 recaros FTW!!!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Mine was an 09 as said already. I think up to 2014 the track assembly is mostly the same, indicating that the seat frame itself is similar. Remove all of the original track assembly and then bolt them directly to the fox body seat tracks. You will have to use some spacers and you'll have to drill the holes in the seat frame to mount the fox body tracks to them. They sit lower than fox body seats do even with some spacers, which I personally like since I'm almost 6'8". The only problem I have with them is that getting into and out of the car is now a little harder to do.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Thanks for that info Toddturbo, I am 6-3.. Does anyone know how Focus seats fit? They seem about the same size and come with power and even leather.

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Someone here local is selling the 15-17 recaro's cheap. (1k) I've thought about taking my Corbeau's out for them. Corbeau's are nice but the Recaro's are much sturdier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts