Ford Mustang Forums banner

2014 Mustang Resonator Delete?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  braxus 
#1 ·
2014 Mustang V6 Resonator Delete?

I currently have a 14 Mustang V6 with GT 500 mufflers installed. The rest of the system is stock. I don't want to spend a lot of money on exhaust kits, so I allowed myself these simple mods. The GT500 mufflers sound ok, but they are still quite quiet compared to what else is out there. Im debating to remove the resonators on the car to wake it up a little more. People say not to remove the resonators on the 3.7, but the videos I've seen, it doesn't sound too bad. Other option is to install some aftermarket resonators in place of the stock ones. But that sounds like an expense where a kit would be just better off.

Is removing the resonators on the 3.7 really that bad? My mufflers aren't the loudest out there, so Im wondering if not having resonators in may not be so bad? I hardly hear the exhaust at all while cruising with the current setup. Its only when you get on the throttle, you hear it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.