Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i installed underdrive pulleys on my 2008 bullitt cause i got tired of it eating through alternators. Well on my test drive around, The car over heated, found it was a hose i didnt properly put on. My fault.

Well i popped it back on got coolant and put it in. Was running great. Well about 45 minutes later cause i was so happy its running after 3 weeks of sitting, I get a "Check Charging Light" yet again. Everything else was running perfect the pulley didnt come off like the last one.

I bought the alternator from PA performance about 3 weeks ago and it tore a pulley but didnt seize. Tonight it seized but didnt tear a pulley, it did snap the belt but thas expected on a seized pulley.

Oh also, i got codes that cylinder 1 and 6 were misfiring, but the flashing light went away within 15 seconds. I checked my scan tool cleared it, started the car again drove around but nothing happened. No more misfiring, only other issue was what is mentioned above.

Any ideas what i should do to get it running right? I cant wrap my head around the "oil on stators" trick. Im worried ill blow a $500 alternator worse than it is. Could the seizing be because of the pulley being to tight or could it just be seized from something else?

Tomorrow im pulling it off to bring it inside and check it out. All the help would be great its about the 8th time ive seen that Light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention, i ran a test before this happened, which came back as 14.3 volts area. Once it happened it smoked and i drove home luckily i was right around the corner once it went wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts