Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently picked up a 1 owner 03 Mach 1 with 26k on it. Previous owner (older gentleman) must not have been very knowledgeable about paint care. He did however take excellent care of the car otherwise. It has a few scratches here and there. The body otherwise is in great shape. Swirl marks are the biggest flaw. And a few dings that I’m getting repaired Monday.

I’m looking for advice on repairing scratches and chips. There are some scratches that aren’t repairable by compound as they are through clear and base I can feel the scratch with my fingernails. Other areas which aren’t as noticeable are past primer like on the bumpers.

I tried contacting my local ford dealership for touch up paint but was informed they discontinued it. If anyone can suggest an aftermarket supplier with a good history of matching the color I’d appreciate it.
I would also like advice on how to repair these scratches. The best method. Maybe even a video if possible.

·
Registered
287 Posts
AutoZone orielly lmr Napa, any place like these have touch up paint. None of it will match because you are brushing it on instead of spraying like it was intended. Plus the touch up paint will not have a gloss. Of coarse the best way to fix it would be to take it to a body shop, of coarse there is a chance the color will not match even at the body shop.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You will probably wont get a perfect match. Autogeek has this. I've never used it but I like that it can be wiped off if you are not happy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts